• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible Pedigree...

73 posts in this topic

Well thank goodness there are a number of candidates for the job in the hobby. Have a good look at those warped spines, they may soon be the same books that you pay HG slabbed prices for down the road. devil.gif

Here's the story about the auction:

Auction Goodies Story

Kinda makes me sick since I had an ad in the paper about buying old comics every week for the last year. I think Vincent from Metropolis might be here tomorrow but was unable to get a confirmation from his team working at the store. They said the powers that be had "talked about it" but the person on the phone was unsure on their plans this weekend.

The funny books look nice enough to be another pedigree. However, with a new pedigree poping up almost daily you almost have to say, "who cares?" 893frustrated.gif

Isn't it common practice for all smaller auction houses to trim, color touch, clean (chemical) and press their books to make it more presentable for sale? devil.gif

Yep, there are no "1st-generation" books anymore... frown.gif

Kinda makes me sick since I had an ad in the paper about buying old comics every week for the last year.

It makes you sick that some old lady is getting a windfall, rather than getting taken to the cleaners?

That's a pretty nice little auction. Including a Major Key (hidden in one of the pics):

Captain Marvel #1

Special Edition #1

Detective #66

Action #23

Batman #3

Superman #3

Flash #8

All Star #1

More Fun #54, 55

FLASH #1 !!!!!!!!!

and more

Has this auction been advertised in CBG or anywhere?

Can't imagine a big crowd for it

Kinda makes me sick since I had an ad in the paper about buying old comics every week for the last year.

It makes you sick that some old lady is getting a windfall, rather than getting taken to the cleaners?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I was thinking more along the lines of making me sick knowing that now I can't afford them. :cry:

I think Vincent from Metropolis might be here tomorrow but was unable to get a confirmation from his team working at the store. They said the powers that be had "talked about it" but the person on the phone was unsure on their plans this weekend.

That's funny, in my first post above I almost did a shout out to Vincent to go warm up the Metro-copter! 27_laughing.gif

The article mentioned a Superman #1... confused-smiley-013.gif

Since I have a close friend working at the news station I asked him about that as well. He thinks that the person typing up the article didn't know much about comics and therefore made untrue assumptions. In simplier terms, there is no superman #1. Just the comics in the pictures. Why they don't correct their article I don't know. confused-smiley-013.gif

Holy [!@#%^&^], you're right. That is a Flash Comics #1 in the left row second from the bottom, buried under that Whiz!!!! From what I can see, it looks like it's in pretty nice shape too!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

DSC01023.jpg

That's a pretty nice little auction. Including a Major Key (hidden in one of the pics):

Captain Marvel #1

Special Edition #1

Detective #66

Action #23

Batman #3

Superman #3

Flash #8

All Star #1

More Fun #54, 55

FLASH #1 !!!!!!!!!

and more

Has this auction been advertised in CBG or anywhere?

Can't imagine a big crowd for it