• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Foolkiller's C2E2 2011 Report (Pics and Scans)

225 posts in this topic

I was honestly surprised at how some dealers didn't seem to want my business. I've been going to cons for over 25 years and I would have to say that as far as "bad" experiences go, this one was my worst. Nobody was an ouright jerk, but plenty of unfriendliness...one guy it seemed couldn't wait to get me away from his table, even though I was the only one there at the time, another one was too busy talking to his buddies behind the counter to answer some questions about books I was interested in and a third actually rolled his eyes at me when I asked to see a book on his wall. Thankfully there were other dealers who were fantastic with great customer service. Dave Kapelka is a sweetheart of a man and I will always make it a point to give him my business and find something to buy from him, Brad is just plain old awesome...what more can be said, the people at World Wide were extremely friendly and helpful and Greg Reece is a gentleman who will definitely get more of my business. There were more positives than negatives...but the negatives stood out for me this time around.

I guess I flunked
I'm sure that's not the case. I'd add you to that list Bob (thumbs u

I've never bought anything from tomorrows treasures, but I've seen their listings on the 'bay and I have seen them at a couple cons. That's one guy that comes off as disinterested in the business of selling books. I could be way off and he could be a great guy to deal with, but I've asked two questions at two different cons and have never heard the man speak. Both times he didn't move from his chair and didn't do more than point or shrug his shoulders.

I've never bought anything from tomorrows treasures, but I've seen their listings on the 'bay and I have seen them at a couple cons. That's one guy that comes off as disinterested in the business of selling books. I could be way off and he could be a great guy to deal with, but I've asked two questions at two different cons and have never heard the man speak. Both times he didn't move from his chair and didn't do more than point or shrug his shoulders.

There are about a thousand threads about this particular dealer. Which maybe illustrates that he is pretty unique in his attitude.