• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Sign. Auction!!!

43 posts in this topic

While I am definitely fond of pedigree books, so far I compiled a list of about 35 different pedigree's that CGC notes on the label (I'm sure I'm missing some).

You are missing some; they recognize at least 49 different pedigrees as of about 9 months ago. I think it's up to around 52 now. Haspel read me the list back when I was gonna write a series of pedigree articles for CBG (I decided not to after I realized Matt Nelson is writing a book on the topic).

Some other really sweet Ped's are the Northland's and Boston's. For modern books that Cleveland ped just doesn't get enough respect.

Are there any early Silver keys in the Cleveland collection? The mid-to-late-Silver books I've seen and bought definitely seem worthy of pedigree status, but if there aren't any major books in the collection, I'm not sure it deserves the designation.

Cleveland collection: According to e-bay listings from North Coast Nostalgia, the collection spans 1958-1972, but I have seen only books from about '64 on available for sale. The Cleveland books have really nice color preservation (as do the few Northland and Boston books I've seen), but my favorite Silver Age pedigrees for color intensity and whiteness are the Massachusetts and Curator books.

It's all good...