• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's wrong with this picture????

61 posts in this topic

this book is really nice considering it's from 11/62. you know how many titles this book pre-dates in the marvel universe? the book is extremely tough to find, currently stepehn fisher of metropolis is high bidder. let me know on the TOS 49 what grade it's really in, i didn't like the sellers description enough to bid on it for a reading copy. YES, i do read my comics blush.gif

"not bad considering i only paid $250 for it over the summer on eBay. "

Turning $250 to $2000 is fortune 500 type profit, too bad it's a rare occurence and cannot be done in mass quantities.

Otherwise, "supapimp" would be a lot more than just a screen name wink.gif

i've made alot of money buying and selling raw/slabbed books, but i'll never make the amount of mad cash that greggy has. but he has a seven year head start on me, he was buying FF's and others in NM for cheap in the early 90's while i was just turning 21 and partying. hmmmmm...seems like nothing has changed over the years. smile.gifgrin.gif

Same with me, but I'm only 24 and I've still got a lot of party left in me.

BTW Pimp, you see that JIM #109 9.2? I'm sizing up my competition. wink.gif

And I hope comiclink dosen't come in on top of that.

Problem is, I know what I'm willing to spend, but because of the rarity of the book in grade I have no records of it, and can't exactly tell in what range it'll fall in.

blowout,

not with mrahome bidding on it, speaking of clobby, where the hell are you?

andrewknight,

CBG says 9.4's go for 4.1X guide, in the overstreet it list for $500, i had my reserve set at 3X guide, this book should go for around $2600 according to CBG. but this book is the 2nd highest grade out of 30, with 2 in 9.6, but 1 of the 9.6 has resto done to it. so in reality this is the 2nd highest graded copy out of only 30 submitted so far. any early marvel with the 12 cent in the circle is extremely tough to find in true NM 9.4. there are just not enough out there, they're all in private collections just like where this book is going. i've seen the JIM 109, but im going to pass, i need to pay some bills.

Yo, just because mrahome is bidding on it doesn't mean he is gonna to win it. Sure, he wins most of the books that he bids on but a majority of them aren't this high dollar. I will suspect a well placed snipe against him will do it. No point outbidding the guy now because he outbids back and forth thus driving up the price. Good for you but bad for the buyers. Clobber and Josh know better than that! wink.gif

mrahome emailed me prior to bidding to see if i would ship to the UK. since i've dealt with him before back in the old dayz of 1999 per feedback, i told him yes as long as he takes care of all shipping costs. i don't think josh is going to bid considering he's eating your FF 49 9.6 currently. i've already had two international bidders email me about shipping, i said yes as long as they cover all shipping costs. and yes, i ship to canuck country since i've listened to you guys whine and moan about sellers on eBay who don't ship to canada. blush.gifshocked.gifwink.giftongue.gifgrin.gif you guys know i love bacon smile.gif

Exactly. Outbidding someone that early in an auction is useless unless you're trying to feel out a reserve. Why drive up prices?

I mentioned Josh earlier because I was worried that he'd be bidding on the JIM #109.

Oh, and the only other high grade copy of TTA #37 I've seen was a 9.0 for $458 last February, but that's a far cry from 9.4.

I hope the time of year dosen't end up biting you in the @ss. shocked.gif

But your reserve is already met, so you'll be alright. laugh.gif

True, but to me the ego trip should only be reserved for the high bidder. So if you want to win, bidding early is stupid.