• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question about Marvel Team Up

25 posts in this topic

I dunno about tacking it on to the subsequent spidey series to get a 300+ issue run. I understand they'd cancel one to start another, but "Web" was more of a solo spidey book like the others, it wasn't a designated team-up book. With that said, at 150 issues it has got to be pretty close to the longest running Marvel BA title outside of Conan and Savage Sword. Defenders and PM/IF didn't go that long I don't think, MKF didn't either (and didn't start until the teens).

:gossip: Spectacular Spider-Man

I dunno about tacking it on to the subsequent spidey series to get a 300+ issue run. I understand they'd cancel one to start another, but "Web" was more of a solo spidey book like the others, it wasn't a designated team-up book. With that said, at 150 issues it has got to be pretty close to the longest running Marvel BA title outside of Conan and Savage Sword. Defenders and PM/IF didn't go that long I don't think, MKF didn't either (and didn't start until the teens).

Defenders went 152 issues. Two more than MTU.

Defenders went 152 issues. Two more than MTU.

I said "pretty close"....I'm still outraged that Marvel had the chutzpah to cancel PPSSM just to have a re-boot, so I have a mental block on that one...it would be around issue 400 by now, maybe pushing 450. sure, peter parker was terrible to look at during the whole Sal Buscema era of the late 80s/90s, but whatever, I grew up on that one too in the 70's and in the early/midish 80's quality wise there were stretches when it was just as good a read as ASM (of course, there was some bad ASM during that period too)

And yeah, I'll piggyback on the MTU had more annuals than Defenders, so more total issues! (Why did Defenders only have one annual? weird.)

I guess Spectacular Spider-Man magazine would be the first attempt at a second Spidey title--and I do think that Marvel had plans initially to keep the magazine ongoing--there was an ad for an issue #3 at the end of #2--but it was never published--does anyone know why it was never published?