• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEEN BUSY. UNEARTHED A NEW COLLECTION

156 posts in this topic

It was a late night last night getting this stuff home. My wife really helped out with this deal. It was actually a nightmare to get this stuff to my truck. More later. I'm going through everything now. Sales thread soon. Why cant people take care of books and store them properly. :frustrated: More later.

DR.X

th_newcollection008.jpgth_newcollection007.jpgth_newcollection006.jpgth_newcollection005.jpgth_newcollection004.jpgth_newcollection003.jpgth_newcollection002.jpgth_newcollection001.jpgth_newcollection012.jpgth_newcollection011.jpgth_newcollection010.jpgth_newcollection009.jpg

Tim, you poopie-head. Show me the Batman books first. :sumo:

Close your eyes and you'll be able to see them.

I closed them and all I could see was you.

(Sorry Doc).

(Sorry Doc).

Your wish came true :whee:

(Sorry Doc).

Your wish came true :whee:

Yep, I knew I'd have to apologise to him one day.

It was a late night last night getting this stuff home. My wife really helped out with this deal. It was actually a nightmare to get this stuff to my truck. More later. I'm going through everything now. Sales thread soon. Why cant people take care of books and store them properly. :frustrated: More later.

DR.X

th_newcollection008.jpgth_newcollection007.jpgth_newcollection006.jpgth_newcollection005.jpgth_newcollection004.jpgth_newcollection003.jpgth_newcollection002.jpgth_newcollection001.jpgth_newcollection012.jpgth_newcollection011.jpgth_newcollection010.jpgth_newcollection009.jpg

Good God man :o What a great haul :applause:

I'm sure there are some Fawcetts in there I will need

The only collections I ever stumble on are being sold for more than most comic shops would sell the books. It's like people still think it's 1992 and that Wolverine 50 is still worth something. Occasionally a guy in the flea market has some decent 50's stuff for a buck, but it's usually beat up pretty bad.

I got very excited when my retired neighbor told me how they used to sell comics at the newstand in the store they used to run and how her husband had saved copies of many of the comics....only to find out that the period in question was 1984 - 1991 or so, not when they opened the place up in the early 70's (oh well). there was an ASM 300 and ASM 252 and Secret Wars 8 in there, but not in sharp shape....and, of course, she thought they were worth the NM prices (she looked them up on the interweb)...but she gave them to me anyway (hey, i drag her garbage cans around on the sabbath when she can't..)

Send me a PM if you want lowball offers on the books I want. :insane:
Only if I get a chance to trump your offensive lowball offers for the ones I want.

The only collections I ever stumble on are being sold for more than most comic shops would sell the books. It's like people still think it's 1992 and that Wolverine 50 is still worth something. Occasionally a guy in the flea market has some decent 50's stuff for a buck, but it's usually beat up pretty bad.

I got very excited when my retired neighbor told me how they used to sell comics at the newstand in the store they used to run and how her husband had saved copies of many of the comics....only to find out that the period in question was 1984 - 1991 or so, not when they opened the place up in the early 70's (oh well). there was an ASM 300 and ASM 252 and Secret Wars 8 in there, but not in sharp shape....and, of course, she thought they were worth the NM prices (she looked them up on the interweb)...but she gave them to me anyway (hey, i drag her garbage cans around on the sabbath when she can't..)

A seventy year old woman brought in a big box of books about a month ago.1946-1955 mostly disney books.We had talked about them 2 years ago when she was buying some card pages.

I looking through the box and made her a offer.Then came the look like youre are trying to rip me off.After thirty seconds she says I was thinking about five dollars ..for the whole box.I told her I had to sleep at night so my offer stands.

Needless to say she sold the books

I looking through the box and made her a offer.Then came the look like youre are trying to rip me off.After thirty seconds she says I was thinking about five dollars ..for the whole box.I told her I had to sleep at night so my offer stands.

Needless to say she sold the books

:applause: