• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I forgot it's April fools, so when I read this I almost had a heart attack!

3 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/01/arianna-huffington-buys-avatar-press-comics-alliance-and-bleeding-cool-to-merge/

Arianna Huffington Buys Avatar Press – Comics Alliance And Bleeding Cool To Merge

Apologies for the lack of posting yesterday, but I was involved in meetings all day.

The long and short of it is that William Christensen of Avatar Press has agreed to sell the Illinois comics publisher and all of its subsidiaries such as Boundless Comics, Bleeding Cool, Freak Angels, Whitechapel and the like to Adrianna Huffington’s Huffington Post Media Group, now part of AOL. This will have a number of repurcussions.

I understand that Lady Death will be cancelled in its current form, and will be relaunched written by Dana Ullman with a new design, new creators and an emphasis the modern relevance of homeopathy when countering terminal illnesses. Laura Hudson of Comics Alliance will edit.

The upcoming collection of Neonomicon by Alan Moore and Jacen Burrows will be softened slightly to counter certain content concerns and will be subsequently released as a ten page hardcover.

While Arianna Huffington herself has arranged to write the next series of Garth Ennis’ Crossed. She told this website “I just love what that Irishman does with the American people. Turning them into rabid, immoral beasts. It reminded me of my last visit to Texas so I thought, I could write that. And now I am!”

lol

• Administrator

That's OK....someone got me with this one this morning (it was early :shrug: )

In latest Indiana Jones Reboot Spielberg out, Abrams in

According to Deadline, instead of proceeding with a fifth INDIANA JONES film that had been in development, Paramount Pictures will instead reboot the franchise with a new adventure that will take place sometime between TEMPLE OF DOOM and "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles." What's even more interesting is who they've lined up to direct. Mr. SUPER 8 himself, JJ Abrams.

That's OK....someone got me with this one this morning (it was early :shrug: )

In latest Indiana Jones Reboot Spielberg out, Abrams in

According to Deadline, instead of proceeding with a fifth INDIANA JONES film that had been in development, Paramount Pictures will instead reboot the franchise with a new adventure that will take place sometime between TEMPLE OF DOOM and "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles." What's even more interesting is who they've lined up to direct. Mr. SUPER 8 himself, JJ Abrams.

lol That might not be a bad idea. :roflmao: