• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Fred Karger Syndrome Spreading?

17 posts in this topic

It's getting so bad, I'm hardly checking EBay anymore.

I see "CGC 9.4 X-Men 126" and then almost have a heart attack when I see the $149 BIN and the $129 starting price. Now there are the usual EBay Whackos out there, but I see these listings again and again, from different sellers, and their numbers seem to be growing.

Obviously, these Bronze and Modern "less than 9.6/9.8" comics have taken a hit since the speculator stupidity of 2001, and I know sellers can list for any insane amount they want, but you can't have a healthy market with few books changing hands and sellers acting like .

In fact, I'm finding much better prices on early-Bronze and late-Silver CGC 9.4 books, and have found myself actually tracking and bidding on these, and waiting for sellers to regain their sanity on the late-Bronze area.

new "players" entering the market? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Either that, or Fred Karger has a whole lot of shills.

What I find really amusing is seeing a CGC 9.4 copy with a starting price of $139, and a CGC 9.6 sells for $130. insane.gif

Based on fredkarger's strange combination of unlimited funds and no common sense,

anyone else wishing to try the fredkarger approach will need quite a bit of money

to throw away on Ebay listing fees. Fred's proven he's got the funds...

but you'd think most other people with money would try not to flush it so often.

It's getting so bad, I'm hardly checking EBay anymore.

I see "CGC 9.4 X-Men 126" and then almost have a heart attack when I see the $149 BIN and the $129 starting price. Now there are the usual EBay Whackos out there, but I see these listings again and again, from different sellers, and their numbers seem to be growing.

Like This? acclaim.gif

No - i listed it at $65 just earlier this afternoon along with the other 11 and then I went to 5:30 PM ESt Palm Sunday Mass... when I returned it was BIN'd and paid for... If I did change it, then it would show as revised somewhere in the description I think?

What is fred Karger syndrme?...I see listings every week from the guy for the same Batman #404 9.8...it always looks like it's shilled up to $90.00-$99.00 by the same buyer .... confused-smiley-013.gif

Fred Karger Syndrome:

Repeatedly listing and relisting books at nose-bleed prices, with the usual strategy being posting a CGC 9.4 comic at a starting bid somewhere at or between CGC 9.6 and 9.8 GPA averages.

In other words, it's Free Listing Day, every day, for these chumps. 27_laughing.gif

They're baaaaaack!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2236918548&category=33826

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2236918584&category=33826

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2236918645&category=33826

Now I remember bidding up a CGC 9.4 X-Men 127 to $52 and being told that was a new GPA Record. What does that make these prices? 893whatthe.gif

Fred Karger Syndrome:

Repeatedly listing and relisting books at nose-bleed prices, with the usual strategy being posting a CGC 9.4 comic at a starting bid somewhere at or between CGC 9.6 and 9.8 GPA averages.

In other words, it's Free Listing Day, every day, for these chumps. 27_laughing.gif

pass the crack pipe! blush.gif27_laughing.gif