• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

need easy costume ideas

42 posts in this topic

So I just found out I have to go to this super-hero/villain themed costume party on Saturday, and I need help coming up with an easy, cheap costume idea that I can put together fast. My first though was a Green Hornet costume since it's mostly made up of normal clothes, but I'm having trouble finding the necessary items using thrift stores, craigslist, and freecycle. I need help...

maybe consider some of the early Golden-age heroes, who tended to wander about battling evil-doers in their Sunday bests...

each of these starts with basic outfit (suit, tie, fedora), and adds in the unique details

- Sandman/Wesley Dodds (WWII-era gas mask, cape, gas gun)

- Crimson Avenger/Lee Travis (red domino-style face mask, pistol (.45) )

- The Shadow (cape, scarf, dual pistols (.45s) )

- The Spirit (blue domino-style face mask)

Now, not sure how well these would go over, but they should be easy to pull together if you have a suit already and can grab just the necessary accoutrements....

but naked Spidey could prove to be interesting, as could naked Wolverine, naked Batman and a whole host of the same concept. ;)

Evil Paper Bag Over the Head Man!

paper_bag_cartoon_character_shoe_on_head.jpg

They tried to switch over to plastic a while back , but it didn't go so well.

So I just found out I have to go to this super-hero/villain themed costume party on Saturday, and I need help coming up with an easy, cheap costume idea that I can put together fast. My first though was a Green Hornet costume since it's mostly made up of normal clothes, but I'm having trouble finding the necessary items using thrift stores, craigslist, and freecycle. I need help...

If you are in the right frame of mind, it's pretty easy to pull a good costume together using household stuff and a few cheap accessories.

I pulled a pretty decent Conan together in an hour (ok so I happened to have a sword lying around) but you get my meaning. It just takes a little thinking...and some confidence.

lol

Grab a bucket...fill it with water and flour (total cost 53 cents)

Find a water gun...duct tape a length of hose or surgical tubing to the gun. (hell I don't know another five bucks :shrug: )

Wear green clothes...don't have green clothes? How the hell do you survive St. Patty's Day??? :doh: Fine...then stop by your local goodwill or salvation army (lets say an even up trade for that three legged table you have been meaning to get rid of :baiting: )

Find a beret...die it purple...you are now the name associated with lame...the villain that brings the glue to you...the enemy no one hopes to see

Paste Pot Pete for $20 or less

Or...

Get red and yellow tights...easily located at your friendly neighborhood clown store. Long sleeve t-shirt and red sweater vest (probably in your closet right now :baiting: ) Now for the superhero touches.

1. Find a red sock...cut eye holes in it...tie around forehead

2. Wrap arms in plastic wrap...make it puffy like a pirate shirt

3. Find a bee hive...this is important :sumo:

4. Take a mason jar and capture some bees...these will be your adventuring buddies (thumbs u

5. Did you find one that would not sting you? His name will be Michael and he will live in your belt buckle :ohnoez:

Again from the fertile mind of Snake Eyes...for less

than $20 you are the Red Bee

Get a towel and a big baby pin.

Fasten the towel around your neck using the diaper pin and go as a kid playing superhero.

(thumbs u

If you are in the right frame of mind, it's pretty easy to pull a good costume together using household stuff and a few cheap accessories.

I pulled a pretty decent Conan together in an hour (ok so I happened to have a sword lying around) but you get my meaning. It just takes a little thinking...and some confidence.

lol

Roy the Slavgarian?

1) Find a green shirt, draw a bunch of question marks on it with a black marker.

2) A domino mask (or fake one using greasepaint).

The RIDDLER!