• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 DWC East Coast Legends Tour

196 posts in this topic

Well it is that time of year again and I wanted to start asking for ideas. Once again DWC will be having it's East Coast Legends Tour.

The great thing about this will be NO Hold Rule will apply to any books submitted for the Legends Tour when we go from creator to creator. But Legend Tour submissions will not be able to be held beyond the tour itself. Once the book is signed on the Tour and the Tour is finished the book will then be graded. I can tell you if the tour takes place when I hope and want it to, Mid June, that the final creator to be part of the tour will be Stan Lee. So look for some great combinations of creators here. Already Yellow Label books will be able to be submitted for this event.

So here is the list of creators I am thinking about. Give me your thoughts. If you have a suggestion please note the creator must live in the NE part of the US.

UPDATED 4/16/2011

Neal Adams (Confirmed)

Irwin Hasen (Confirmed)

Carmine Infantino (Confirmed)

John Romita (Confirmed)

Joe Simon (Confirmed)

Joe Sinnott

Jim Steranko

Gene Colan

Herb Trimpe

Mike Kaluta

Murphy Anderson

Jerry Robinson

Here were some additional suggestions given to me so far.

Sheldon Moldoff

Terry Austin

Ayers

Elliot S Maggin

Pablo Marcos

Al Milgrom

Tom Palmer

Mike Ploog

Jim Shooter

Joe Staton

Gene Colan

John Romita

:cloud9:

So how does this work ?.. You get one book signed by all these guys or ?..

If you have a book that multiple guys can sign and there are plenty out there then yes one book signed by several of these guys. Get creative. We handled numerous books last year that ended up being signed by 3, 4 or even 5 guys at once. The possible combinations are endless.

Looks like another great signing. I would be interested in

John Romita

Gene Colan

Joe Simon

Carmine Infantino

Joe Kubert

Murphy Anderson

Sheldon Moldoff

I would really like to get Elliot S Maggin and Jim Shooter. Two people who had a big influence on my early comic years who I do not have SS.

I'm sure whoever it is I will be sending some books.

Can you relocate Sam?

Any chance of Sam Kieth or Frank Miller? :shrug: I think they're from the NE? :shy:

I believe Sam Kieth is on the West Coast. ANd as for Frank. Who knows.

Heck you already had a shot at Sam through Brian.

I kind of like this idea I think I will sign up what would it be for 1 book + 1 autograph ?.. I assume the price is the same no matter how many autographs you get right ?.. I don't really have anything special for thees guys to get done but I am picturing a blank filled with a bunch of autographs on it that I would not other wise have the chance to get! hm Also is there any kind of limit on the amount of books we can get signed per person ?.. & will there be extra autograph charges for people like stan lee ?...

where does claremont live? He's be absent for what a year now from the circuit?

<-- +1 I'd love autograph from him I'd have to find something special just for him to sign lol. Also ending with stan would be cool.... I regret not getting something cgc SS from him when he was at eccc last year I had him sign a FF marvel master works of mine :luhv: One more quick question Desertwind Comics do you have a facebook or twitter page where you also post information at ?.. Newsletter I can can up for ? (shrug) I don't really check the Sig room much & tend to get lost in these topics!