• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Big, BIG Deal Thread. Startling 49 CGC 9.0 and others added.

112 posts in this topic

Long story short...I need to raise some cash for a worthy cause (down payment on a new home). I'm going to be offering up quite a few nice books in this thread over the next few weeks. What doesn't sell will find its way to C-link or some other auction site by May.

Prices are firm, unless you are looking at buying 3+ slabs, in which case I'll work with you. Paypal, checks, and M/Os are all good. Time payments possible, but please contact me beforehand to discuss details.

:takeit: at asking price rules.. If I strike a deal via PM, I will update the thread ASAP.

If I know a book to be Pressed, I will notate it accordingly.

Shipping is included within the US. Will offer an comparable credit if shipping to the UK or Canada.

Please send me your questions or comments, but please keep the threadkrapping to a minimum.

On with the show...

First up....

Captain America Comics # 39 (CGC 9.0 CRM/OW) $3,195 shipped.

Something tells me this Cap guy may be big. Schomburg Cap war cover, highest graded copy, and all under last year's 9.0 Guide ($3,251 in 9.0, $4,600 in 9.2). Really nice white back cover that belies the page designation assigned by CGC.

CaptainAmerica39CGC90.jpg

CaptainAmerica39CGC90back.jpg

Daredevil # 1 (CGC 8.0 OW/W) SOLD

Very nice book, with solid corners, one tiny nick on the spine, and great appeal. All three graders were at 8.0, and the book does not appear to have been Pressed (but that's just a guess on my part). Was thinking of cracking it out and resubbing it for a 8.5, but whatever.

DD1cgc80OWWf.jpg

DD1cgc80OWWb.jpg

and last for tonight, some GA GGA.....

Jo-Jo Comics # 18 (CGC 8.5 OW) $495 shipped.

Tough book in grade. Only one 9.0 in the census thats better, and that book hasn't been on the market since 2003. This one has a solid chance at 9.0 on a resub; very nice old label book. Back cover is very clean too.

JoJo18cgc85f.jpg

JoJo18cgc85b.jpg

Captain America # 145 (CGC 9.6 OW/W) $95 shipped

Cap145CGC96OWW.jpg

:takeit:

Thanks Bob for breaking the ice.

So, that'll give everyone a taste of what's to come. I plan on listing quite a few books, but I'm going to space them out so as to give every book a shot at being seen. Sometimes it tough for the $100 books to be noticed among the $1,000+ books.

Wake me when my book hits the market.

:insane:

You have a book? :ohnoez:

Yes, there is only one book in your collection that is actually mine.

:insane: