• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone want to see Tom Cruise or Keanu Reeves as ROBOCOP?

13 posts in this topic

I'm hoping this ends up being a sick joke, but knowing Hollyweird.

:P

Who Might Be Robocop?

It might add up to very little in the long run, but MGM are said to be currently very keen to net a big star for their Robocop reboot. If true, this suggests a budget, and maybe a mainstream skewing for the project. Discouraging?

The three names set on top of the list are apparently Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves. This is according to Moviehole, who don’t really leave a clue as to where the info came from. They’re nice guys at Moviehole, though, and I don’t want to be disbelieving.

To read the whole thing...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/12/who-might-be-robocop/

On the topic of Who could be the new robo, my vote is for Burn notice's very own

Jeffrey Donovan.

jeffrey7.jpg

I'm hoping this ends up being a sick joke, but knowing Hollyweird.

:P

Who Might Be Robocop?

It might add up to very little in the long run, but MGM are said to be currently very keen to net a big star for their Robocop reboot. If true, this suggests a budget, and maybe a mainstream skewing for the project. Discouraging?

The three names set on top of the list are apparently Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise and Keanu Reeves. This is according to Moviehole, who don’t really leave a clue as to where the info came from. They’re nice guys at Moviehole, though, and I don’t want to be disbelieving.

To read the whole thing...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/04/12/who-might-be-robocop/

On the topic of Who could be the new robo, my vote is for Burn notice's very own

Jeffrey Donovan.

jeffrey7.jpg

NO

Agreed. Jeffrey Donovan would be good. Not sure that Cruise has the vocal chops for it. And Depp's voice is just--wrong.

I think Keanu's would be a solid choice, too. I, for one, would pay $11 to hear Keanu-cop say "Whoa."

But really, I'd prefer to see them cast either Lawrence Fishburn or Michael Jai White and make this Deathlok, instead.

I also heard he was doing another Bill and Ted.

Besides, if it was Reeves, who wants to hear a robotic "No way" through out the movie. Wait a minute.... thats most Reeves movies doh!

I also heard he was doing another Bill and Ted.

Besides, if it was Reeves, who wants to hear a robotic "No way" through out the movie. Wait a minute.... thats most Reeves movies doh!

I thought Kanunu was doing another Bill and Ted movie.

Or did I just make that up?

:baiting:

Keanu Reeves makes sense. The others, not so much.

Keanu is a big name and a borderline horrible actor. He would only need to do a few scenes as human cop before being transformed in to Robocop. Then, sounding like a machine that can't act worth a damn is perfect.

He gets my vote.

Keanu Reeves makes sense. The others, not so much.

Keanu is a big name and a borderline horrible actor. He would only need to do a few scenes as human cop before being transformed in to Robocop. Then, sounding like a machine that can't act worth a damn is perfect.

He gets my vote.

"Uh, like, Drop it!."