• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what's the deal with Bruce Campbell??

25 posts in this topic

too bad. i think its something he started last year when he bumped his autograph to like $60 an item.

It's Bruce Campbell... he can personalize everything if he wants to as far as I'm concerned. Who else will save us from the deadites?

maybe the chick from Drag Me To Hell? hm

Oh wait, scratch that. Maybe the Apple guy?

Maybe it is just me, but I feel that if you pay for an autograph you ought to be able to get it however you want it, personalized or unpersonalized. If it is free, sure, personalize it so the celebrity knows it isn't going to be sold at a huge markup. But if I am paying for you to sign your name then you have been fairly compensated and if that item gets resold later you got your piece of the sale. I, personally, would not feel good about paying for an autograph that then had stipulations like that attached.

Totally agree!

Maybe it is just me, but I feel that if you pay for an autograph you ought to be able to get it however you want it, personalized or unpersonalized. If it is free, sure, personalize it so the celebrity knows it isn't going to be sold at a huge markup. But if I am paying for you to sign your name then you have been fairly compensated and if that item gets resold later you got your piece of the sale. I, personally, would not feel good about paying for an autograph that then had stipulations like that attached.

Same here. I really want a nice Adam West and Burt Ward but have given up since they personalize.

Same here. I really want a nice Adam West and Burt Ward but have given up since they personalize.

Have him sign it "to Bruce Wayne" or "Alford" (thumbs u I know nothing about batman so if I got these names wrong I apologize :foryou:

[font:Book Antiqua]You got a point there...[/font]

I'm not so sure. The talent has the right to put whatever restrictions on that signing that he or she wants to. Reasonable or unreasonable. And you have the choice to purchase based upon those restrictions. Their rationale is likely that the fee that is being provided is for signing, not for future resale. I am not advocating that position, but as happens here from time to time, it is not really fair to put one's expectations upon another and demand that they acquiesce.

I'm not so sure. The talent has the right to put whatever restrictions on that signing that he or she wants to. Reasonable or unreasonable. And you have the choice to purchase based upon those restrictions. Their rationale is likely that the fee that is being provided is for signing, not for future resale. I am not advocating that position, but as happens here from time to time, it is not really fair to put one's expectations upon another and demand that they acquiesce.

100% right.

Purchasing an Autograph from a Celebrity is NOT a Fast Food Purchase. There will never be a sign that says, "Have it YOUR way."

Sure, it's a bummer, but ultimately the reason for getting an autograph is because YOU like that person and have met them, and they signed something for you.

Have him sign it "to Bruce Wayne" or "Alford" (thumbs u I know nothing about batman so if I got these names wrong I apologize :foryou:

Blasphemy! :o How can you be in this hobby and not know about Batman?

Go to your room and watch the Batman DVDs starting with the bootlegged serials all the way up The Dark Knight and don't come out until your eyes are bleeding!

:baiting:

Did he sue them Doug? hm

Dynamite from what I was told owns the right to publish books based on Army of Darkness and the Ash character. Bruce will not recieve compensation since the character they are using is ASH a ficitional character that Bruce portrayed in movies.

It is akin to Lou Ferigno asking for royalties on all Hulk books or Adam West for Batman books. Yes I know that Bruce has bascially defined the character ASH and no other Actor has played him in a movie.

(Not a Lawyer, just what I was told by Bruce's people when he came down to FSC 2008)

Oh I see. Thanks Dan :hi: I wish Dynamite would just pay him some $ just to keep him happy lol. I love the Dynamite Ash covers.

Did he sue them Doug? hm

Dynamite from what I was told owns the right to publish books based on Army of Darkness and the Ash character. Bruce though does not get any Royalties since the character they are using is ASH a ficitional character that Bruce portrayed in movies. (Not a Lawyer, just what I was told by Bruce's people when he came down to FSC 2008)

100% right.

Purchasing an Autograph from a Celebrity is NOT a Fast Food Purchase. There will never be a sign that says, "Have it YOUR way."

Sure, it's a bummer, but ultimately the reason for getting an autograph is because YOU like that person and have met them, and they signed something for you.

I don't disagree with either of you. They can set whatever rules they want for their end of the transaction, and you can either pay and follow those stipulations or keep your money. If I were given the option for a $60 fee and personalization being mandatory I would probably keep my money unless it was something I really wanted. But everyone can make that decision for themselves.