• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBay Finally Does Something Right

8 posts in this topic

Have you ever had a non-paying bidder, and been ticked that you were out the listing fees, and then had to pay again to relist?

Well, it looks like EBay has finally addressed it, and once you file for a NPB credit, you can relist a second time for free (assuming it sells), just as you would if the item received no bids.

This is a good call by EBay, and although some may have seen this policy change, I wanted to post it for those who may have missed out.

In addition to this change, eBay has also developed a Payment Reminder applet which alerts members who have bid on items, and have not yet paid. The way it works is that as soon as the seller issues a Payment Reminder through eBay, every time the member/buyer logs in, a little pop-up comes up and alerts them that they still have a transaction pending.

It may well have been a feature which has been around for some time and I just didn't notice it until now, but recently I had a situation where I completely forgot about an auction I bid on through a seller with which I have had repeated transactions, and I found the pop-up reminder VERY helpful from a damage control pespective, where I may have unintentionally angered a good seller, and potentially severed that relationship, as well as preventing a situation where a NPB alert might have been issued against me.

I like this in theory, but what happens if you pay by check, mail it out, and then the seller turns on the payment reminder. Is there any way for him to turn it off once notified?

I like this in theory, but what happens if you pay by check, mail it out, and then the seller turns on the payment reminder. Is there any way for him to turn it off once notified?

I believe that there is. I'm just not sure how - but as soon as I saw the pop-up screen the first time, I contacted them (US-based) and made the payment over the phone with my CC like I usually do with them. They otherwise only accept cheque, and no PayPal. As soon as I made the payment, the notification stopped showing up. Again, I'm not sure how this is done, but it seems pretty slick.