• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Season Of Dr. Who On BBC America !!!!!

62 posts in this topic

I was surprisingly underwhelmed by it.

I guess our standards are a little lower here in the states. Anybody else bothered by the Elisabeth Sladen memorium at the end? I would have missed it if I blinked.

I blinked.

I have not seen an episode of Doctor Who since the Tom Baker days.

I watched the "Blink" episode posted here and thought is was pretty good.

Two questions though.

Was the lettering supposed to be backwards on everything or was that just how the "You-Tube" version was recorded somehow?

I noticed during the Doctor Who rewind show that there was another episode with the Blink Statues, Which episode is that so I can find it as well?

My son and I watched the first episode with the girl in the space suit and thought it was pretty good. Guess I will keep watching for awhile.

Two questions though.

Was the lettering supposed to be backwards on everything or was that just how the "You-Tube" version was recorded somehow?

I noticed during the Doctor Who rewind show that there was another episode with the Blink Statues, Which episode is that so I can find it as well?

My son and I watched the first episode with the girl in the space suit and thought it was pretty good. Guess I will keep watching for awhile.

Episode 4 of the 5th season is the next episode with the Weeping Angels. It's two-parter and is the usual quality science fiction that I expect from the Dr.Who team.

I dunno, I guess I'm suprised that more people in the States don't like the good Doctor. This is some of the finest science fiction that has ever been put on TV. The writing is smart and suspenseful and Matt Smith is a great Doctor. I grew up on the Tom Baker Doctor and absolutely loved him but David Tennant & Matt Smith have won me over (didn't really care for Eccleston's Doctor). Ahh well to each his own.

P.S. - Loved the first episode of this new season and looking forward to more. Oh, and Amy Pond is absolutely a babe:-) Love me some gingers!

Two questions though.

Episode 4 of the 5th season is the next episode with the Weeping Angels. It's two-parter and is the usual quality science fiction that I expect from the Dr.Who team.

I dunno, I guess I'm suprised that more people in the States don't like the good Doctor. This is some of the finest science fiction that has ever been put on TV. The writing is smart and suspenseful and Matt Smith is a great Doctor. I grew up on the Tom Baker Doctor and absolutely loved him but David Tennant & Matt Smith have won me over (didn't really care for Eccleston's Doctor). Ahh well to each his own.

P.S. - Loved the first episode of this new season and looking forward to more. Oh, and Amy Pond is absolutely a babe:-) Love me some gingers!

Thanks. (thumbs u

Two questions though.

I think its more that people simply don't know what it is is /never given it a chance yet ... I didn't start watching it my self till last year some time I was stuck in home due to surgery & started watching the reruns on space every day :D the 10th & 11th doctors are my doctors lol

are you talking about the weeping angels ? the statues that only move if your are not looking at them ?

Of course.

The Episode was called Blink, not the statues.

you refereed to them as blink statues so I was not sure what you were talking about sorry I found it a bit confusing is all (shrug)

You know, we should have a thread devoted to BBC/ITV shows somewhere on the forum. TV in the US has become horribly stale and I find myself looking across the pond for more and more interesting shows. Love Dr. Who, Torchwood is great and even find Primeval entertaining.

The fact that we have members living in in the UK give us built-in critics to let us know whats good and bad etc.

I think its more that people simply don't know what it is is /never given it a chance yet ... I didn't start watching it my self till last year some time I was stuck in home due to surgery & started watching the reruns on space every day :D the 10th & 11th doctors are my doctors lol

Could be. The local PBS station in New Orleans (WYES) started showing the 1975 episodes of Dr. Who right around 1980 or so at 10:30 P.M. on Saturday nights. That puts me at 13 years old and loving every minute of it. There was nothing like it on American TV...heck even Mom started to stay up and watch Dr. Who with me and to this day asks about Tom Baker from time-to-time. She watched the season premier the other night and loved it.

As much as I love the old stuff, the new episodes are on a different plane both in writing and effects.

You know, we should have a thread devoted to BBC/ITV shows somewhere on the forum. TV in the US has become horribly stale and I find myself looking across the pond for more and more interesting shows. Love Dr. Who, Torchwood is great and even find Primeval entertaining.

The fact that we have members living in in the UK give us built-in critics to let us know whats good and bad etc.

Misfits is the show you should track down next.

Misfits is the show you should track down next.

Thanks for the tip! Anything to avoid more reality TV.

Two questions though.

But the plot holes that you could drive a London bus through! (Wait a minute, they've already done that.) doh!

I like the series but I always cringe when they can't or won't aim for suspension of disbelief.