• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Season Of Dr. Who On BBC America !!!!!

62 posts in this topic

lots of good scifi stuff on in the us imo if I had to make a list ...

dexter

trueblood

eureka

camelot

breaking bad

supernatural

Spartacus

to name a few

I have not seen an episode of Doctor Who since the Tom Baker days.

I watched the "Blink" episode posted here and thought is was pretty good.

Two questions though.

Was the lettering supposed to be backwards on everything or was that just how the "You-Tube" version was recorded somehow?

I noticed during the Doctor Who rewind show that there was another episode with the Blink Statues, Which episode is that so I can find it as well?

My son and I watched the first episode with the girl in the space suit and thought it was pretty good. Guess I will keep watching for awhile.

Episode 4 of the 5th season is the next episode with the Weeping Angels. It's two-parter and is the usual quality science fiction that I expect from the Dr.Who team.

I dunno, I guess I'm suprised that more people in the States don't like the good Doctor. This is some of the finest science fiction that has ever been put on TV. The writing is smart and suspenseful and Matt Smith is a great Doctor. I grew up on the Tom Baker Doctor and absolutely loved him but David Tennant & Matt Smith have won me over (didn't really care for Eccleston's Doctor). Ahh well to each his own.

P.S. - Loved the first episode of this new season and looking forward to more. Oh, and Amy Pond is absolutely a babe:-) Love me some gingers!

I think its more that people simply don't know what it is is /never given it a chance yet ... I didn't start watching it my self till last year some time I was stuck in home due to surgery & started watching the reruns on space every day :D the 10th & 11th doctors are my doctors lol

are you talking about the weeping angels ? the statues that only move if your are not looking at them ?

Of course.

The Episode was called Blink, not the statues.

you refereed to them as blink statues so I was not sure what you were talking about sorry I found it a bit confusing is all (shrug)

That's ok.

I just thought that calling the episode by it's name would avoid any confusion.

When I watched the episode on my computer, I had the volume down so as to not bother the rest of my family. I guess I missed that they were called weeping angels.

I still look forward to watching the second part, even though the end where they were all frozen seemed pretty final to me.