• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

People using WorldPay (i.e., lots of you GPA customers)

59 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has anything to do with this old thread.

Just this weekend I had 5 charges using my debit card account and attributed to Itunes. They were between $30-45 each, which is an unusual amount for Itunes. What's even weirder is that I don't use my debit card for my Itunes payment, I use a credit card. Guess what I do use my debit card for? If you said paying for GPA, through RBS WorldPay, you are correct.

So I'm putting this out there as a PSA to check you accounts for the cards you have on file for WorldPay. In September, before BoA notified me of suspicious activity and shut down my old debit card, I had several small ($.30-$.45) charges to GPA appear.

This is not an indictment on George, and I will gladly mea culpa if the card was compromised some other way. But this is just too weird not to mention to folks.

This is a new instance and bears repeating. Just so I'm clear. This is a new (10/10) debit card # involved and it is not used for Itunes.

most people are not aware that RSA got hacked. They protect most banks computer systems using a 2 factor authentication. I have replaced my debit card twice in as many months now. I would bet the farm this is the reason for uptick in stolen ccards.

Not sure if this has anything to do with this old thread.

Just this weekend I had 5 charges using my debit card account and attributed to Itunes. They were between $30-45 each, which is an unusual amount for Itunes. What's even weirder is that I don't use my debit card for my Itunes payment, I use a credit card. Guess what I do use my debit card for? If you said paying for GPA, through RBS WorldPay, you are correct.

So I'm putting this out there as a PSA to check you accounts for the cards you have on file for WorldPay. In September, before BoA notified me of suspicious activity and shut down my old debit card, I had several small ($.30-$.45) charges to GPA appear.

This is not an indictment on George, and I will gladly mea culpa if the card was compromised some other way. But this is just too weird not to mention to folks.

thanks for posting this - I checked my card, which is only used to handle the GPA sub, and there were 7 charges pending totalling around $450. cancelled the card and had the charges removed. I checked the original thread and hope they'll have it set up for payal for next month's sub.

I still love the GPA service, just letting you know that there is still an issue with cards connected to worldpay ongoing.

bears repeating

caused by bad salmon. :sick:

You almost made me question myself. It's "bears" not "bares", longhorn.
If you had used "bares" I would have had something equally inane to post. (thumbs u

What type of card are you all using? My AmEx hasn't had any questionable charges.

Yet.

Visa debit. Cancelled card and GPA today. I'll probably re-up with GPA using another card.

I had over 5700 in attempted charges last sunday. Only one for 700 and some change went thru tho and i already have that back.

In a way i do blame GPA for not being more thorough in who they used to accept payments and not being eager to help rectify problems caused to their customers by essentially their business partners. If i subcontract someone to do work in your home and they screw everything up, im not just going to say well any subs could have messed your house up and go on my merry way.

I had over 5700 in attempted charges last sunday. Only one for 700 and some change them went thru tho and i already have that back.

In a way i do blame GPA for not being more thorough in who they used to accept payments and not being eager to help rectify problems caused to their customers by essentially their business partners. If i subcontract someone to do work in your home and they screw everything up, im not just going to say well any subs could have messed your house up and go on my merry way.

Sounds to me like you might go on your lackadaisical way though. hm

I'm checking my Amex card daily, and no mysterious charges yet. This is my last month on GPA until next year. Hopefully the payment vendor will be different by then...

I had over 5700 in attempted charges last sunday. Only one for 700 and some change them went thru tho and i already have that back.

It seems you are again making the assumption that there was a breach with Worldpay. There were a couple large scale breaches in 2008 and 2009. The company was owned by Royal Bank of Scotland, so don't believe they are a little Internet startup. They process billions of transactions a year. They were sold in 2010 to two large firms.

I have yet to find any recent security breaches. (shrug) Is it coincidence that many members have been the victim of credit card fraud? I don't know either way but the company that GPA has chosen to use is one of the largest and most well respected processing companies in the world.

If i subcontract someone to do work in your home and they screw everything up, im not just going to say well any subs could have messed your house up and go on my merry way.

I love it!

I nice homely analogy to wrap up in a simplified version, the intricacies of a global payment system.

(thumbs u