• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There's a Lot of Anger on the Boards...

81 posts in this topic

I kept away form this until a day of no posts passed - and decided at that time to just reply to the last poster.

Is there anger on the boards? Sure! But that says nothing. At whom is the anger directed? At a forumite extolling the virtues of a nice book? Or at the ebay seller trying to pass a VG as a NM? (I could keep stacking the examples but you know what I mean.)

Now there is another area - Places Where Ideas Differ that could be construed as anger. Sometimes there IS anger there but we have to look at the 2nd anger post and see to what it was responding to.

I get angered with some of the things on therse boards. For example, the recent pressing threads got me angered because the word "pressing" was bandied about as if it meant one thing only, and when it was brought up that pressing means multiple things well - it was not pursued. So I get angry about that - about when people here profess to have interest in certian topics yet when things are brought out they ignore them or continue on their way as if the other ideas do not exist. And then they seem to cointinue the arguments but sans the obvious things. Actually, that doesn;t anger me, it just pisses me off - which is a less nice way of saying "angered". grin.gif

I get angered when people make generalizations in favor of some things and then take thos generalizations and throw them to the wind and use the object of those generalizations as insults (no - I actually don't use Geritol yet - must investogate same so when the time comes will be informed).

I get angered when 197 (made up number) posts consisting of emoticons and quotes/quotes & emoticons seem the way of the day and get especially angered when I add my own quotes/emoticons (yeah - this angers me often!) cool.gifcrazy.gifmad.gifconfused.gifgrin.gifblush.giftongue.gifwink.gifsmile.gif