• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benefit thread for Nik (Nikelspot) and Little Baby Pierce. Recap pg. 39

425 posts in this topic

:hi:

Hello all, the following post from Nik (Nikelspot) really got my wife and I motivated to do something to help. With his blessing, I have opened this thread to offer a few books for sale. Rules will be in the following post :foryou:

Hey, everyone. I am not sure if any of you know, but my wife had to have an emergency c-section last Tuesday. She was only 23 weeks and 4 days along in her pregnancy, but by God's grace my son survived. 24 weeks is the age of viability, but within the last 10 years they have been able to revive some 23 weekers. Pierce, my son, is still with us today, but on Saturday we were called in to hold him because the doctors and nurses thought he was surely dead. He had a potassium level of 10 in his blood, 6 would kill you or me. Potassium is what they use in the lethal injection concoction. They said they never see these levels reverse themselves with infants this small and that there was nothing they could do. Long story short, he has been called the "miracle baby of all miracle babies" by one nurse. His potassium level reversed itself and he is now regulating himself on a cellular level. It is truly a miracle.

We have set up a blog for our friends and family to follow along. Little Baby Pierce http://www.littlebabypierce.blogspot.com/

My wife will probably not be able to go back to work with all the special precautions that need to take place during the first couple of years of a miro-preemie's life and I am currently a full-time student. So I am going to be throwing some stuff up here during the times when I come back home (We have been in the hospital since last Tuesday), so that I can raise some funds for my family.

Please check out the blog and any prayers you can offer up would be much appreciated.

Typical board rules:

First in the thread gets it. PM's are certainly welcomed.

I will just include the shipping in the price of the item or note it on each item as my postings will be random and sporadic.

Paypal is the primary form of payment accepted.

Thank you everyone,

NIk

Rules...RULES I SAY :sumo:

:) First :takeit: in either the thread or a PM gets the book (judged by time stamp).

:) :) :takeit: in the thread trumps any ongoing negotiations via PM. However, you can ask me to place the book on hold for a brief period.

:) :) :) Domestic shipping is completely on the house. I will cover the cost of this, and the entire sales price will be paid by the buyer to Nik himself. Overseas buyers PM me and I will ask you to help with shipping, but I am sure we can figure something out.

:) :) :) :) Nik is kind of swamped right now, so the specifics have not been worked out, but for the moment let's say payment by Paypal and money order for the time being...this may be subject to revision :juggle:

:) :) :) :) :) Given the nature of the thread, I am afraid that I cannot offer returns. However, I will happily answer any questions and offer any additional assistance I can in helping you make a buying decision (thumbs u

:whee: Feel free to make the thread a place of discussion and critique to your heart's content. Love me some social time :whee:

Flash Annual 1

CGC 4.0 OW pages

$45

Thinking the Flash Hall of Fame is somewhere in between the quality offerings you will see at the Auburn Sports Hall of Fame (ah, the walk of felons...) and the Curling Arena of Honor...that's right mud in your eye Canada :baiting:

flashann1.jpg

I'm in for whatever you need! (thumbs u

Hey if anyone wants to donate another book, I will be happy to manage a longer thread (recaps...check-ins...etc.). More importantly, I am sure Nik would benefit from such. Just let me know ahead of time if the rules posted above don't work for you and we can figure a way around it hm

Only difficulty on my end, is Easter committments with Alanna's (my wife's) family. Would ask for someone to check in a few times on Sunday if they could (thumbs u

Mister Miracle 25

:gossip: final issue goodness

CGC 9.4 W pages

$30

Fat, evil grandmothers squatting on mountaintops (perhaps brewing a nuclear that could end us all)...now there is a villain we can all agree on (thumbs u

mm25.jpg

Also going to add a couple of books that I do not have pictures of (the first few were previous listings) I will hopefully add pics for them tommorrow, but feel free to :takeit: on anything pending a posted picture (thumbs u

Not sure if this how you want donations done, but I'll throw this book into the mix. I'll ask $25 for it, with the proceeds going straight to Nik. I'll take care of the shipping.

Detective #430 NM- (OSPG $60)

detective430m.jpg

detective430mb.jpg

TALES of the CRYPT Portfolio, Russ Cochran 30 COVERS

The envelope has a slight crease,but is in very nice condition, the covers are beautiful, in excellent condition and suitable for framing. Each one measures approximately 12.5 by 9.5 inches.

The text on the envelop reads:

Terror Tales from the Crypt, step right up! Here's another little package of goodies which are guaranteed to delight EC Fans!

30 (Count 'Em) Full-Color Covers.

The thirty covers contained in this envelope represent some of the finest artwork done for E.C. comics and they are especially representative of the horror work of artist Jack Davis.

These are the same covers used in the COMPLETE CRYPT, except that they are trimmed to included the entire cover. The colorings for these covers were done especially for this series by EC's original color artist, Marie Severinl.

Entire contents copyright 1979, William M. Gaines.

Priority shipping is free for this item.

$50 shipped in the US, if you are out of the U.S, PM me and we will figure something out.

camera087.jpg

camera096.jpg

camera088.jpg

camera086.jpg

camera089.jpg

Not sure if this how you want donations done, but I'll throw this book into the mix. I'll ask $25 for it, with the proceeds going straight to Nik. I'll take care of the shipping.

detective430m.jpg

detective430mb.jpg

:takeit:

detective430m.jpg

detective430mb.jpg

:takeit:

Shoot me a PM :applause:

Ultimates 2 04/02

CGC SS 9.6

signed by Bryan Hitch and Mark Millar on 08/11/07

$25

Funny text to come later when I get a picture up...will probably revolve around the title of the issue being "BIG" hm:devil:

PICTURE COMING TO A THREAD NEAR YOU SOON!!!