• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question: Submitting to CGC

22 posts in this topic

I am planning on sending in a few raw's in the next little bit (through a local store). When the site says it takes x number of days for turnaround is that when you should expect it back slabbed? or to know what grade/label was assessed to the book (as i see many members stating book is 9.8 but not back from cgc yet)?

Take expected time frame and add 4 weeks,yeah that's better! (thumbs u

For cereal? How does that help me be protected with paypal when buy "unrestored" raws lol

First off I would certainly not buy raw books from Ebay.I have completely stopped buying on Ebay entirely,buy from the good folks here,at least you'll get what you paid for here.Most times even nicer than the grade they state. (thumbs u

For cereal? How does that help me be protected with paypal when buy "unrestored" raws lol

First off I would certainly not buy raw books from Ebay.I have completely stopped buying on Ebay entirely,buy from the good folks here,at least you'll get what you paid for here.Most times even nicer than the grade they state. (thumbs u

Not off ebay, maybe will just have to get it scan in and let you all pick it apart...know of any light sources that will show any restorations that won't damage the pages? (ie. wavelength at 270nm)

Not off ebay, maybe will just have to get it scan in and let you all pick it apart...know of any light sources that will show any restorations that won't damage the pages? (ie. wavelength at 270nm)

(thumbs u

In my experience, a good 80% or more of the comics that I bought off of eBay were inflated by a full grade or more. You can zoom, enlarge the photos, etc., but due to image size restrictions the sellers are limited in the quality of photos.

Linking to photo sharing sites like photobucket helps, but only somewhat...

And of course the sellers may be manipulating the scans or doctoring the photos with Photoshop.

Robojo's "tilting of the camera" trick to hide flaws (that's old school carny style fraud).

Buy from sellers with a cast-iron returns policy.

Here's ours...

* Returns are accepted for any valid reason on all items, including CGC graded books, for a period of three months after purchase, providing goods are returned in exactly the same condition as when they were sold. Shipping will be at the buyer's expense.

* If the return is necessary because of an alleged Comicana Direct error (incorrect grade, information not offered at point of sale, etc), the item will be reviewed and if fault is found, shipping both ways will also be refunded.

* Returns/partial refunds are available if a book is graded by CGC up to one year after purchase and is assessed at more than one point below the grade stated by Comicana Direct at the time of sale. In these circumstances, return shipping will also be refunded.

* A full refund, including shipping both ways, if a book is found to be restored at any point in the future and this fact was not disclosed at time of sale.

Here's ours...

* Returns are accepted for any valid reason on all items, including CGC graded books, for a period of three months after purchase, providing goods are returned in exactly the same condition as when they were sold. Shipping will be at the buyer's expense.

* If the return is necessary because of an alleged Comicana Direct error (incorrect grade, information not offered at point of sale, etc), the item will be reviewed and if fault is found, shipping both ways will also be refunded.

* Returns/partial refunds are available if a book is graded by CGC up to one year after purchase and is assessed at more than one point below the grade stated by Comicana Direct at the time of sale. In these circumstances, return shipping will also be refunded.

* A full refund, including shipping both ways, if a book is found to be restored at any point in the future and this fact was not disclosed at time of sale.

Now this is someone you can trust! Iron clad return policy,kudos to you FT. :applause:

Ya I would expect that off any ebay seller that if you aren't happy with it because of something they didn't list you should get a full refund. But its not on ebay so only way would be able to get a claim done would be through paypal as its not a website or anything like that. So plans were to send to CGC and the turn around is about 15 days...Will I know the grade after 15 days and just not have the book in my possession?

Here's ours...

Now this is someone you can trust! Iron clad return policy,kudos to you FT. :applause:

That is huge.

Gotta give props where they're due.

Many moons ago, I bought a book from Ted (Superwold). Raw book, online. Rec'd the book and got it graded about a year+ later. Came back PLOD. Called Ted, told him the situation. He apologized, told me to send him the book. I sent the book back, he refunded my purchase price.

Final result: I try to make it point to shop with Ted at shows. Don't always come away with something, but 75% of the time I make a purchase.

This kind of open-ended policy will make me a loyal customer. I always make it a point to check out Superworld's books at evey show I go to where they are set up.

He's the #2 on my list of best/favorite dealers.

Here's ours...

That is huge.

Gotta give props where they're due.

Many moons ago, I bought a book from Ted (Superwold). Raw book, online. Rec'd the book and got it graded about a year+ later. Came back PLOD. Called Ted, told him the situation. He apologized, told me to send him the book. I sent the book back, he refunded my purchase price.

Final result: I try to make it point to shop with Ted at shows. Don't always come away with something, but 75% of the time I make a purchase.

This kind of open-ended policy will make me a loyal customer. I always make it a point to check out Superworld's books at evey show I go to where they are set up.

He's the #2 on my list of best/favorite dealers.

Agreed (not about the specific dealers as I have no direct knowledge). If I saw a policy like this I would be tempted to make a purchase purely in order to encourage good behavior.

So Iceman Stay awhile and you'll find who you should be buying from,these great testimonials of sellers on the Boards is a great way to learn.It really is a great feeling knowing the board members,and knowing that you'll never get the shaft. (thumbs u

So Iceman Stay awhile and you'll find who you should be buying from,these great testimonials of sellers on the Boards is a great way to learn.It really is a great feeling knowing the board members,and knowing that you'll never get the shaft. (thumbs u

Already bought one slab on here from Mr 9.8. But raw wasn't on here thats why was wondering about getting it slabbed but if its PLOD'd well you know the result of paying for a book that wasn't to be restored that is infact restored.

Already bought one slab on here from Mr 9.8. But raw wasn't on here thats why was wondering about getting it slabbed but if its PLOD'd well you know the result of paying for a book that wasn't to be restored that is infact restored.

Actually I have never had the misfortune of ever getting a PLOD from anybody. ;)

Actually I have never had the misfortune of ever getting a PLOD from anybody. ;)

Well I am hoping that I don't...just wondering on how long it would take to get it graded to ensure a claim can be made on paypal in time.

I don't suspect it to be a PLOD but just wanted to know my options :P

That is awesome, kudos for you

But how can you tell if the book is restored after you sold it and the buyer ask you for a refund?

That is awesome, kudos for you

But how can you tell if the book is restored after you sold it and the buyer ask you for a refund?

Well, firstly, we have historical scans.

Secondly, I can see no reason for a buyer to buy an unrestored book and then restore it for the purposes of a refund, when he could have got the refund no questions asked after he bought it anyway.