• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So where the heck has Lighthouse been anyway?

47 posts in this topic

It's never a just quiet night at home for you, is it, Drama Boy?

I figure I'll have plenty of quiet nights when I am old and gray like some forumites I know... smile.gif

At least Camile Velasco finally got voted off American Idol. One less reason for me to yell at my television...

Lighthouse

Amen to that... She is a HOTTIE, but she can't stay in time or in tune...

Now if we can just get JPL and the RedHead guy voted off, it will be worth watching the show

PS-- Welcome back House

At least Camile Velasco finally got voted off American Idol. One less reason for me to yell at my television...

Lighthouse

Amen to that... She is a HOTTIE, but she can't stay in time or in tune...

Now if we can just get JPL and the RedHead guy voted off, it will be worth watching the show

PS-- Welcome back House

Demographics are a huge factor in the show voting. Because you vote for people you like instead of people you hate, an artist who polarizes the audience will always do better. If 1/3 of the voters adore you and the other 2/3 detest you, you will make the final two in the competition...

It's an absolute lock at this point that both Fantasia and George will be in the final three. George is so clearly the best guy left that the folks who will always vote for a guy are going to keep him in. There's no way he will finish behind the 3rd best girl just because a certain number of people will always vote for a certain gender. The tricky thing is who else makes the top three. It's just as unlikely to see three finalists of one race as it is to see three of one gender. So if Jasmine or Diana does reasonably well from here on out it will be tough for Jennifer and Latoya to stay ahead of them.

Funny thing is, George didn't even make the top 32... He was cut before that round. But the guy that did make it in was arrested for doing 110mph leaving a party and was thrown out of the competition the first week they did the round of 32. George was their last-minute replacement for him, and looks like he's a lock to make the top 3 because he is so darn likable and is clearly more talented that JPL and John Stevens... George is awfully lucky...confused-smiley-013.gif

Great AI analysis! thumbsup2.gif

At this point, it is just watching for Jennifer, Latoya and Fantasia to mess up - they have a tendency to oversing due to their booming voices. They have full control of their range, but lack the experience to know when to exercise it.

George has the personality and is likable, but his talent is just shy of the other three ladies.

JPL (boy can't dance or sing syndrome), the red head wannabe Sinatra (too young and sucks), Diana Degarmo (too young), Jasmine Trias (karaoke reject) are all non factors at this point...I happily await when they cut the chaff. I couldn't stand looking at Camille sing - it was similar to a visual of a girl trying to take a dump on stage as she was trying to it those Elton John 'oooo's ; like Seinfeld's naked girlfriend hunched over trying to open a jar of pickles...

My top Three would be Fantasia, George and LaToya in that order...Jennifer has a chance to bump off LAToya or Fantasia at any point however with the right song. But House has a point as for the demographics of the voters coming into play. Look at season one when the best overall star (Tamira Grey) did not make it into the top Three (buncha haters out there against people from the DC/MD metro area).

I think that DeGarmo or Trias may make it farther than the 2 talentless guys BUT have a pretty long reach to even touch the same level as the real four Idols....

IMO, this season has the best talent but the worst season as well as there is no eye candy (some of the prettier rejects from season 1 and 2 have already made their Maxim layouts) and you knew pretty much from the first show with the final 12 who the best singers were.

I'm sitting here in utter shock that there are actually guys that watch AI... I can't even stand seeing Ryan Seacrests on the posters at work. It takes all types I guess.

Now give me a little Nashville Star and I'm in redneck heaven... 27_laughing.gif j/k of course

Instead I just ripped up ten copies of Spawn 1 and felt much better... That makes around 150 copies I have ripped up in the last four years. Someday that book will be rare... sumo.gif

Keep up the good work......only another 1,749,850 copies to go. thumbsup2.gif