• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Stephen Platt sign up thread!

139 posts in this topic

Lets play a little game..

Guess the grade...

So what was the Grade sl4ppy?

I think I may take a timeout from S/S books for a while. Thats the 5th book in a row that I think was graded waaaay too harshly. I had this pegged as a 9.6. Maybe a 9.4 if they were in a bad mood. It has razor sharp corners, no spine ticks, some very mild scuffing and a very slight bindery corner issue... (the thumbprint is on the case).

msmk_f055.jpg

Ouch,

Yes, I would def say it was under "opinion" graded from just the looks, but maybe the graders saw something we could not. Have you called to get the graders notes?

+1

Whilst it sucks getting 9.2s or 9.4s back on books you thought were 9.6s or 9.8s, it's not like CGC is giving you this particular grade out of spite - the most likely explanation is that they spotted a defect that was overlooked prior to submission.

Ouch.

Dealer notes: Yellow faded on the cover. Color breaking thumbprint(s) on the back (I only see one, but I'm sure that's plenty).

Ah well. Maybe I'll put it in the Holiday raffle.

I'm sure we'll see another opp. Right?

Right?

(P.S. Just to be clear. I don't blame anyone for this book. Stuff happens. That thumb print could've happened at any time. Even by the artist. I trust and respect everyone who handled this book previous, and I'd do it the same way again. This was just one of those times it didn't work out to the best. The world will continue to rotate!

But I did want to share it for all of those crying about their '9.4''s)

IMG_0116-1.jpg

Ouch.

Dealer notes: Yellow faded on the cover. Color breaking thumbprint(s) on the back (I only see one, but I'm sure that's plenty).

Ah well. Maybe I'll put it in the Holiday raffle.

I'm sure we'll see another opp. Right?

Right?

(P.S. Just to be clear. I don't blame anyone for this book. Stuff happens. That thumb print could've happened at any time. Even by the artist. I trust and respect everyone who handled this book previous, and I'd do it the same way again. This was just one of those times it didn't work out to the best. The world will continue to rotate!

But I did want to share it for all of those crying about their '9.4''s)

IMG_0116-1.jpg

Chuck,

That book got butchered for the faded inks. look at the difference between your copy and the one I posted the other day. Sorry bud.