• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On the set of Conan...

192 posts in this topic

I never thought Rose would remind me of the Borg Queen...Shudder.

As for picking on Not*Sure* because some of you don't believe her stories, get over it. I have some incredible stories too from my misspent youth (I'm 41), but none of them are comics related.

I find her very entertaining, and see no reason to begin :baiting: her to get an interesting anecdote.

What's next, you're going to pick on Marvelfangirl?

angrymob.gif

Because there is nothing better than a FUBAR, mouth-frothing, insult hurling, wall of text generating donnybrook. :cloud9:

Oh but see it is sort of sad..

that those guys are sooo terribly misled..

mistaken and not putting on their happy friendly faces..

which means they are grumpy and mean..(hence the lashing out at innocent bystanders)

they needs hugs..unfortunately they will have to hug each other..(cause I don't plan on hugging either one)

but that might just get out some of the tension between them and spawn a super relationship..they can get married in a lot of states now you know..it is not the stigma it used to be..they could enjoy so many musicals and interior design shows together maybe get one of those cute little doggies that look like a tribble..

buy that blue prius and fashinable condo in key west..

yes this thread does have promise..

blossoming romance right here in comics general..

Because there is nothing better than a FUBAR, mouth-frothing, insult hurling, wall of text generating donnybrook. :cloud9:

which means they are grumpy and mean..(hence the lashing out at innocent bystanders)

they needs hugs..unfortunately they will have to hug each other..(cause I don't plan on hugging either one)

but that might just get out some of the tension between them and spawn a super relationship..they can get married in a lot of states now you know..it is not the stigma it used to be..they could enjoy so many musicals and interior design shows together maybe get one of those cute little doggies that look like a tribble..

Been there, done that.

:whatev:

Oh well good.."

Also, not to be a blowhard, but you should show some more respect to the female members.

Sorry if I offend either sex, but I was raised a certain way and a lot of guys forget their manners when they are sitting in font of their computer.

So another wall of text? Only this time it's bordering on homophobia? You're a piece of work.

An old post.

Q: Where do the Boards in the micro & comic book fandom in the macro fall apart at the most fundamental social level?

A: The low ratio of women to men.

This thread's germ grew from that obvious deficiency in the earth.

It was for this reason that I mentioned to BL earlier on in the thread that I posted it for her. She is, after all, the Sweetheart of the Boards to greggy's Legend of the Boards. I thought it a fine irony that she chose to flit about within its boyishly nested quotes & charm us with her studies on Moore's reductio ad absurdum of the superhero genre (not to mention male & female gender roles within that context).

I object to the notion that the Boards are a safe harbor for the male geek, or an all male Nerd Eden, or some dorky, fanny-slapping male homosocial arrangement.

We are lucky to have Lauren within our rank ranks.

To our Dulcinea (worship)

She makes us all happy Archie collectors. :foryou:

Also, not to be a blowhard, but you should show some more respect to the female members.

Sorry if I offend either sex, but I was raised a certain way and a lot of guys forget their manners when they are sitting in font of their computer.

Who are you & how have you gotten past my notice?

Welcome to the Boards.

You are now on Tupenny's radar.

:applause:

Now go sit at the pathetic nerd table and eat twinkies. But lol I can't eat twinkies irl, maybe we could eat quesadillas irl lol. :sick:

An old post.

Q: Where do the Boards in the micro & comic book fandom in the macro fall apart at the most fundamental social level?

It was for this reason that I mentioned to BL earlier on in the thread that I posted it for her. She is, after all, the Sweetheart of the Boards to greggy's Legend of the Boards. I thought it a fine irony that she chose to flit about within its boyishly nested quotes & charm us with her studies on Moore's reductio ad absurdum of the superhero genre (not to mention male & female gender roles within that context).

I object to the notion that the Boards are a safe harbor for the male geek, or an all male Nerd Eden, or some dorky, fanny-slapping male homosocial arrangement.

I consider you to be the Board's Rocinante.

An old post.

I consider you to be the Board's Rocinante.

lol

:acclaim: