• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD 2011 any picks?

28 posts in this topic

they put the list of fcbd books out a head of time bud

oh.

none of my 6 LCS' do that. They all do variations of buy 1 get 1 free.

see my shops don't even bother doing sales or anything fancy like that so unless I know they are getting in a fcbd book I am interested in ....

oh.

The list is found on the free comic book day site.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/

lol, yeah. We didn't have any of those. If we did, I would have definitely grabbed the Super Dinosaur Special or the Locke and Key, and I went to 3 shops...

I guess FCBD is a "at participating locations" thing.

oh.

lol, yeah. We didn't have any of those. If we did, I would have definitely grabbed the Super Dinosaur Special or the Locke and Key, and I went to 3 shops...

Yep not all stores participate because there is still a cost to do it for them. While we get the comics free the stores have to buy them to hand them out.

oh.

Yep not all stores participate because there is stil a cost to do it for them. While we get the comics free the stores have to buy them to hand them out.

It's weird tho; they DID all do the buy 2 of literally anything (games, toys, whatever) and get a third for equal or lesser value for free. Seems like the free books would be cheaper?

Although the LCS' do have insane margins, so while I was tempted to pick up two $50 back issues and get a third free, I still couldn't justify the over guide pricing and just ended up with a couple of $15 1:25/1:50 variants. Still overpaid, imho.

You have to realize that for some stores this is the biggest sales day of the year for them. It is for the store I worked. They want to get rid of stuff and bring in new merchandise.

We had tons of sales.

-6 for $1 comics

-3 for $1 comics

-20-50% off magazines depending what they are

-20-35% off comics in the $40 and down price range

-$5 toys or buy 3 for $10

-$5 variants which included 1 in 10/15/20/25/50 and you can get 3 for $10

-all other toys and statues roughly 20% off

-even had records 20% off

Only thing not on sale in my section which was the basement was Magic the gathering cards.

Sales upstairs where about 5-10% higher because all the more expensive stuff was up there.

Some stores have their sales after free comic book day because so many people. Our count was 1961+ people thru the door. Lot of people to have the oppurtunity to sell too.

Here is my update. I went to 3 stores.

1st store I picked up Mouse Guard, Locke & Key, and The Stuff of Legend. Limit was 3 for adults. Kids got 5, plus 5 $1 books if they came in a costume. So kids could walk out with 10 free comics! They had every FCBD book available.

They are the best store in my area by far. They also had a huge sale. I spent a ton on back issues. (They deserve a plug: The Comic Book Shop in Wilmington, DE)

2nd store was terrible for comics. 1 book with purchase. Only had the Gold books.

3rd store was great. No sale though, but they did have local artists doing sketches. Their limit was 1 FCBD book per customer. BUT they were also raising money for a charity. If you brought a canned good you could get another FCBD book. Or you could buy them for 50 cents each. With all the money going to the charity. I bought a bunch of them. (thumbs u