• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need HELP getting X-men Collection Graded

49 posts in this topic

That one looks 9.4-ish to me. Could be 9.6? All I see in the pics is a tiny little bump on the back cover. Back cover flaws are less of a concern than front cover. Looks pretty white, smooth, and sweet. Any spine bends to speak of? Corners look pretty sharp too. Hard to tell from a pic though, a scan is better. And even in a scan there can be imperfections that aren't visible.

BTW, as far as buying the plastic slabs, isn't CGG selling them by themselves? (That's CGG, not CGC!)

Hi Steve,

I noticed a few months ago on HardOCP that you were looking for a few books to complete your X-Men collection. It's nice to see you did it!

I don't know if you've thought about collecting any other books, but you might consider getting all of the Silver Age X-Men appearances outside of their own title. That's what I did, and it's only a handful of books. Take a look at the link in my sig for a list.

Welcome to the boards.

all I can find is bags/boards /boxes when looking for comic book supplies frown.gif

I'm positive someone has to sell those hard plastic containers...but damn, looking around the net you'd think I was looking for top secret documents or something.

Well...it doesn't help that I don't know what the real name of those things are, I looked under "comic slabs" "clamshells" "comics hard plastic container"....you name it.

Anyone know the technical name of those clamshells-slabs-thingy-mo-bobbers? Or who manufactures them?

Nice to see another HardOCP'er here wink.gif

It is funny, for as much as I know about computers and the industry...I know jack about comics. You guys are a fantastic resource of comic book knowledge.

You know what is funny, we have 37,000 members in our forums, and I can't get a single bit of GOOD comic info there at all. These forums on the otherhand are awesome....I have got more help in the last day than I have at my own website in the past year. wink.gif

I am looking into doing a whole run of Wolverine to finish things out. I bought my first comic sculpture here last month:

wolverine_top.jpg

and it kicks major [!@#%^&^]. Once I started filling in my collection of comics I got bit by the comic book bug again!! Next thing I knew...I was buying this Wolverine diorama.

all I can find is bags/boards /boxes when looking for comic book supplies frown.gif

I'm positive someone has to sell those hard plastic containers...but damn, looking around the net you'd think I was looking for top secret documents or something.

Well...it doesn't help that I don't know what the real name of those things are, I looked under "comic slabs" "clamshells" "comics hard plastic container"....you name it.

Anyone know the technical name of those clamshells-slabs-thingy-mo-bobbers? Or who manufactures them?

You can't buy CGC comic holders. You can only get them by getting your books graded. http://www/egerber.com is a great source for Mylar bags and acid free boards. A Mylite2 and a full back board will offer a lot of protection and not break the bank.

You can't buy CGC comic holders. You can only get them by getting your books graded. http://www/egerber.com is a great source for Mylar bags and acid free boards. A Mylite2 and a full back board will offer a lot of protection and not break the bank.

I think he is talking about Top-loaders .....

FRAMING1.jpg

I think they're called clamshell-slab-thingy-mo-bobbers. smirk.gifgrin.gif

Hey ninanina...where'd you get the nickname?

confused.gif

what nickname?

link should be www.egerber.com

I think they're called clamshell-slab-thingy-mo-bobbers. smirk.gifgrin.gif

Hey ninanina...where'd you get the nickname?

confused.gif

what nickname?

You know, "ninanina".