• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need HELP getting X-men Collection Graded

49 posts in this topic

Don't know if this has been addressed, but you don't have to get the books reslabbed every 7 years. CGC recommends it because the microchamber paper (which absorbs acid migrating from the comic's interior pages) loses effectiveness after about 7 years. But it will not damage your book if you don't reslab it, and leaving it in the CGC case will be no different than leaving the book in a mylar for the same period of time.

Also, a simple reholder service is a lot cheaper than getting the book slabbed in the first place. Just a few bucks per book.

does CGC give bulk discounts? You know if you had a bunch of books done at a time?

I'm just wondering, we just had new T-shirts done for our website and we got a discount the more we bought....was wondering if it was the same for CGC ( doubt it though ).

Call them at 1-877-NM-COMIC and ask. The folks at CGC are super cool to deal with.

does CGC give bulk discounts? You know if you had a bunch of books done at a time?

I'm just wondering, we just had new T-shirts done for our website and we got a discount the more we bought....was wondering if it was the same for CGC ( doubt it though ).

There's a discount for submitting more than 10 economies at once. So don't send in 9 comics without finding a 10th.

I know that's not the kind of bulk discount you'd like to see for your goal of slabbing 150 comics but ... confused-smiley-013.gif

I think I will take fantasyfootballbono's advice and call them.

Hey uclapeterg, how does Heritage offer a 20% discount? That means I can just send my book through them and *bamm* 20% off? Does it cost to join Heritage? I was just going to pay the $99 get 3 free bookx and take it from there, but if there is no "catch" to doing it the Heritage 20% way, that would be better.

Warlord, what is "economies"?

I was just going to pay the $99 get 3 free bookx and take it from there, but if there is no "catch" to doing it the Heritage 20% way, that would be better.

You'll save a few bucks submitting thru Heritage, but the Collector's Society is "the way to go" if you want your books back quickly.

I shipped mine out and had them back w/in 2 weeks (I'd guess it'd take a little longer since you're in Alaska).

And totally sign-offtopic.gif, since you live in Alaska, I was wondering if you'd read "30 Days of Night" or "Dark Days" (the sequel). Killer vampire stories that take place in your home state. The 3rd installment, "Return to Barrow" just came out and was very good as well.

I think I will take fantasyfootballbono's advice and call them.

Hey uclapeterg, how does Heritage offer a 20% discount? That means I can just send my book through them and *bamm* 20% off? Does it cost to join Heritage? I was just going to pay the $99 get 3 free bookx and take it from there, but if there is no "catch" to doing it the Heritage 20% way, that would be better.

Warlord, what is "economies"?

You just go to Heritage's website and click on the "join" or "become a member" link. You have to have a Heritage account to get to the CGC sub link. You use that link to fill out your sub order and print the paperwork, pack it with your comics, and ship it off to CGC (not to Heritage!).

Look at the CGC Services and Submission link for their categories. Here's the info:

Economy 12/5/03 40 business days up to $250 n/a $29.00

Standard 3/5/04 15 business days up to $1000 n/a $49.00

Express On-Time 5 business days up to $4000 n/a $79.00

Walkthru Same-Day Same day no limit n/a 2.5% F.M.V.††

Modern* 2/9/04 20 business days up to $200 2 $16.00 per book. $15.00 per book for submissions of 10 or more books.

OK, so I am registered now.

Does this mean I have top pay for one service for my X-men #1 ( Express ), a different service for my X-men #96 - #143 ( Standard ) since the final values are going to be drastically different?

What if my X-men #1 grades higher than the $4,000 limit?

I'm confused now. confused.gif