• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing comics in long boxes...how tightly packed do you leave them?

44 posts in this topic

As the majority of my collection is boarded I don't it's as much of an issue than if you comics are just stored in bags etc.

If you squash enough books into one box and some of them are offset (spines sitting slightly further over than the others) then you can still get spine roll quite easily.

Also happens if you have Silver board size books and modern board sized books in the same box. What a trainwreck. Nothing like searching for nice books and they destroying them by being a dumbarse. doh!

My problem is the books I have bagged & boarded, driving the air out of the bag once the comic has been placed inside. Also making sure they completely stand up straight and don't lean causing a bend in the middle which I've had before.

When I bag or re-bag books, I stack them to drive the air out of the bags. 10-15 in a stack. It doesn't take much time (15-20 minutes) and then you take the bottom half and put them on top of the top half, another 15 minutes and they are all good to go.

My problem is the books I have bagged & boarded, driving the air out of the bag once the comic has been placed inside.

Is there a particular problem with the bag not having air inside it? Does this damage the comic?

Or...wait... I think you mean you want to drive the air out.