• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 25 cent books......!

27 posts in this topic

I always assumed that no one actually went looking for these books to sell. They just end up with them from buying collections for other books and end up being left with the dregs. Eventually they have so much drek that they feel its worth doing a convention to try to get rid of it.

Certainly that happened to me when I bought a few collections (long, long ago).

You're due for a convention again, actually. Unfortunately, you have higher priorities right now. But soon... soon. :baiting:

But when the time is right, I have some ideas about how to make it work.

Thank the Lord I do not have enough total krapola books to justify setting up a table or two of 25 cent, or even 50 cent, books, though I do of $1 books (at least as I see them). As this thread moves along I'm kind of glad I didn't wind up taking on that store's inventory of leftover junk (he wasn't going to give me the better stuff for free or $10 a long box). It would just be more junk cluttering up my life. I am kind of irritated I didn't cherry pick about 30-40 miscelaneous 'Star Comics' issues he had in there though at the 5-10 cents a book he was charging me for cherry pickings...I didn't realize there was some sort of market for them at that point.

My main concern with doing a show is being a one man operation and eventually needing to go to the bathroom. I have the bladder of a 60 year old and I can't hold it in for 8 hours and the "jar under the table" solution, with my luck, will get me arrested (or pizz on a bunch of comic boxes).

I have a guy who calls me at least once a month offering me seven cents a book for my entire inventory. I tellhim no and he says okay, I'll call back in a few weeks.

I meant to call you again today, but forgot. I'll call you in the morning. Eventually you will cave. :sumo:

I have a guy who calls me at least once a month offering me seven cents a book for my entire inventory. I tellhim no and he says okay, I'll call back in a few weeks.

Right there Paithetic! Offer shadroch eight cents a book!

I'm holding out for twelvefify per.

It would probably have to be the cheap one at the Mermaid. The others just have too much in table fees for my rather meager inventory to cover.

You're due for a convention again, actually. Unfortunately, you have higher priorities right now. But soon... soon. :baiting:

But when the time is right, I have some ideas about how to make it work.