• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,920 posts in this topic

WOW Sid! That #3 is a BEYOTCH to find that nice! Almost every copy I see has horrible rubbing and/ or moisture problems. Truly one of the nicest I have seen! 893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Hey stranger! hi.gifgrin.gif

Yeah, hiya' Shiver. You've been scarce around these parts here recently. Gonna make it to San Diego or Chicago? Buy any new books recently?

hey guys! No new books, mad.gif I have in the last couple months broke up with a long time live in girlfriend, had my show opening (sold 13 paintings of 21 so far!), had lots of visitors in town to see the show & met someone new grin.gif and now am preparing to move back up north for awhile the end of july. Pshwew! hence the scarcity of time on the boards or for comic searching. I have been lurking though... wink.gif

I wrote about an impulse buy on this thread a week or so ago. For a set of Weird War that I had to act quick on, without thinking, and hit the BIN. Sometimes you win some, sometimes you don't. I definitely won on this one. Seller turned out to be an accurate grader, quick shipper, and even shipped all the books in mylars with nice boards. The latter issues scanned here are definitely gonna make a trip to CGC with some 9.4-9.8 potential.

850868-WW%21.jpg

850868-WW!.jpg.32468365aef87f44f1ab6d04c4510e82.jpg

Sid, NICE pickup on those Weird Wars. What would you grade the #1 at? Looks like you could easily slab and flip it for more than the cost of the whole lot. So.....when are you planning on selling your BA horror stuff? devil.gifpoke2.gif

Sid, NICE pickup on those Weird Wars. What would you grade the #1 at? Looks like you could easily slab and flip it for more than the cost of the whole lot. So.....when are you planning on selling your BA horror stuff? devil.gifpoke2.gif

Back a little later to answer that question. Caught up now in a special about that damn Runaway bride beyotch on TV. What a psycho. That guy is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person to even consider marrying that psycho. Sorry about the OT, but she is horrorific!

Back a little later to answer that question. Caught up now in a special about that damn Runaway bride beyotch on TV. What a psycho. That guy is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person to even consider marrying that psycho. Sorry about the OT, but she is horrorific!

Seriously, what a narcissistic, self-absorbed tramp. Wasting the tax payer's money because princess got cold feet. mad.gif

OK, back after THAT little self-induced disruption (damn Runaway skank). I'd say the #1 is an 8.5 on a bad day or a 9.0 on a good day. Nice bright book but showing slight wear around the edges and a few very minor creases on the spine. Not good enough for me to spend the price of an Economy slab and wait three months to get back, so it will eventually be sold raw. 9.2 or above, I'd send it in. The #7 looks about one grade up from the #1. Oh yeah, definitely a good deal on this lot, but believe me, they don't all turn out that way.

Regarding selling my BA horror stuff? Anyone that knows me, pretty much knows that everything at one point or another is going to be sold (except for the GA Bats #4 I just bought, gotta AT LEAST keep that one hail.gif). Anyway, ever since I got caught up in this BA horror stuff, like around early last year, I've been buying up as much of this stuff as I could find and afford, but only if I thought it was a good deal. I tried to never pay full retail, although there were a few exceptions. Anyway, my plan was to buy undervalued and underpriced books, then ride them up. I also didn't want to just sell a few books here or there along the way. I wanted to give them sufficient time to "mature" while building up a pretty large inventory. My plan all along has been to stop buying after the upcoming San Diego and Chicago cons. Then I get organized and go into full BA horror sell mode.

Now, some people may be thinking I may have some hidden HG gems. Not really. I have had some, I get them slabbed up, and sell right away, but those are not the books I have focused on. After all, those are the books that already cost an arm and a leg, and it's harder to find deals on the best books as we all know. Anyway, 90% of my stash is 7.0 to 9.2 books, averaging around the 8.5 to 9.0 area and a little lower on the earliest 70s books. But I have bought most of these for pretty dang cheap. I'll be listing just about everything I have, sold individually one chunk (or run) at a time starting in late August or September. Mostly the usual suspects including all the core BA DC horror books, as well as all the WBN and TOD books. Plenty of dupes in varying grades of most.

Although I will help some of you guys (if anyone is interested) fill some of your holes directly, since my initial reason for doing all of this was to have fun AND make a profit, most of the stuff will be going straight to Ebay, but I'll certainly give a heads up here before and during when they are listed. In the meantime, I'm not buying anything else on Ebay as I'm saving my dough for the two big cons coming up.

I think after my big selling spree, I may move on to other pastures and dive into the Silver books. I love the BA stuff, but in selling relatively low priced books it takes a long time to raise decent cash. But who knows, I'm just babbling now, I may be stuck here forever as BA horror may just be too cool to move out of. That Silver stuff is so goody-two-shoes anyway. Ya' got the 50s and pre-code goodness, then the mild-mannered 60s, then the good stuff again in the 70s. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey fellas,

Finally finished up my job in DC for the past couple of months and returned home to find two of my Dominguez covers back from the framer's. They do look sweet on my home office wall.

851403-framed_small.jpg

851403-framed_small.jpg.8884b2d50253ecc8da0a631627aedcff.jpg

Edited by Weird

Wow Weird, those are very, very nice. The HOS 110 has always been one of my favorites. My dad had that issue when i was a little boy (he bought it new) and it always gave me the creeps while still being drawn to it. I have the copy now, worn though it is, but i can't imagine having the original art. I am very impressed. How long has it been in your possesssion?