• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,917 posts in this topic

Such a cool thread. And since it hasnt had enough action I figured I would give it a nudge. I actually started collecting BA DC Horror because of Sterling showing off his books, just some amazing covers to the books! Nowadays I have tons of readers and a few keepers for myself. I have been reading the Phantom Stranger almost every day for weeks now, and it is hands down the most enjoyable I have found so far.

Anyone else reading these books??

Picked these babies up recently through an online auction. I know capt hook is looking for a nice copy of HOM #174, but that copy is heading in for pressing and grading soon. The HOM #180 and #205 were sold in my most recent sales thread.

HouseofMystery174VFMysteryformatbegins.jpg

HouseofMystery180NM-NealAdamsart.jpg

HouseofMystery187NM-NealAdamsart.jpg

HouseofMystery205NM-.jpg

Mike, why are you pressing the 174? It doesnt seem to have any pressable defects?

Hi Pat. :hi:

You can't see it in the scan but there is a long non-color breaking crease that runs from the right edge of the front cover (up near the last Y in MYSTERY) all the way to the bottom edge. It looks like it should be able to be completely pressed out. There is also a small impact ding at the bottom right corner of the back cover. (thumbs u

Mike, why are you pressing the 174? It doesnt seem to have any pressable defects?

Hi Pat. :hi:

You can't see it in the scan but there is a long non-color breaking crease that runs from the right edge of the front cover (up near the last Y in MYSTERY) all the way to the bottom edge. It looks like it should be able to be completely pressed out. There is also a small impact ding at the bottom right corner of the back cover. (thumbs u

I can only guess what it will grade, but my assumption is the grade will likely not change. I can guess the max the book could be, but cant see the above defects changng much. Good luck though, its a nice book!

MonMar28154717EDT2011.jpg

totally love this cover but I cant seem to be able to find a 9.6 or up copy. :(

This is one of my favorite bronze age covers. I've owned quite a few of them but never anything better than a 9.4. For me at least it's been super difficult to find an UHG copy. One of the few books I actually want a 9.6/9.8 of.

Just picked this one up on the cheap from a local shop.....

HouseofMystery195VFBernieWrightsoncover.jpg

Like I said in the "This Week in Your Collection" thread, I'm hoping to get Bernie Wrightson to sign it at the Dallas Comic Con in late May. Besides Desert Wind, does anyone know if a Signature Series witness will be there?