• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHO WINS??

120 posts in this topic

Actually there were 2 books listed when he hoisted the

Not necessarily...the time stamp is the same as the second book posting and the :takeit: posting...he could've been posting the :takeit: 1 sec. after the ASM #46 was ...

(shrug)

Read it slowly until it sinks in... ;)

It's very likely that when he clicked to reply to the #45 that the #46 was not listed yet, and then as he replied the #46 was listed and both posts appeared with the same time stamp.

Either way - the rules states if its not idetified what you take, and someone else jumps in... you lose

There are going to be two views here:

Those who want to apply the letter of the law. You win.

Those who want to apply the intent of the law. He made what people believe to be an honest mistake and it's not hard to see which book he was referencing.

I agree, according to the letter of the law you clearly win.

(thumbs u

:acclaim:

Not necessarily...the time stamp is the same as the second book posting and the :takeit: posting...he could've been posting the :takeit: 1 sec. after the ASM #46 was ...

(shrug)

It's very likely that when he clicked to reply to the #45 that the #46 was not listed yet, and then as he replied the #46 was listed and both posts appeared with the same time stamp.

Either way - the rules states if its not idetified what you take, and someone else jumps in... you lose

Those who want to apply the intent of the law. He made what people believe to be an honest mistake and it's not hard to see which book he was referencing.

(thumbs u

I'd call it more being sloppy than a mistake.

Why do people not take the time to type the book they want or quote the whole post?

Because they are in a hurry.

Why are they in a hurry?

Because they are afraid somebody might beat them to it, acknwleding "competition" for the book.

Rules are rules for a reason usually.

(thumbs u

And I believe if it not otherwise stated, seller's discretion is just that. :sumo:

(shrug)

So...to cut to the chase...you believe that you deserve the book...

Well of course - as Im sure the other buyer does too. Im just surprised that ANYONE would think I didnt win it (shrug)

Well technically...you did "win it" ...but I also think that it is to the sellers discretion as to who will actually get the book...

I don't think buying and selling around here should be so rigid...we should talk it out and come to a mutually agreeable understanding...

If you really believed that you "deserved" the book then you should have enforced the rule of law and demanded it...

(thumbs u

And I believe if it not otherwise stated, seller's discretion is just that. :sumo:

And the law sir, is an @ss

(shrug)

(thumbs u

I'd call it more being sloppy than a mistake.

Why do people not take the time to type the book they want or quote the whole post?

Because they are in a hurry.

Why are they in a hurry?

Because they are afraid somebody might beat them to it, acknwleding "competition" for the book.

Rules are rules for a reason usually.

Very good points. I tend to err on the side of giving benefit of the doubt, but I tend to be too trusting sometimes.

Good call.

(shrug)

So...to cut to the chase...you believe that you deserve the book...

Well of course - as Im sure the other buyer does too. Im just surprised that ANYONE would think I didnt win it (shrug)

Well technically...you did "win it" ...but I also think that it is to the sellers discretion as to who will actually get the book...

I don't think buying and selling around here should be so rigid...we should talk it out and come to a mutually agreeable understanding...

If you really believed that you "deserved" the book then you should have enforced the rule of law and demanded it...

When I questioned the seller, he felt to sell to the other buyer was "fair". I wouldnt try and "demand" that he (or anyone) sell me anything. Its just bad ettiquitte IMO, and I wont be buying from that seller again. Like I said before, I was just trying to see if my disappointment is justified or not.

When I questioned the seller, he felt to sell to the other seller was "fair".

I agree

I wouldnt try and "demand" that he (or anyone) sell me anything.

Isn't that what the law is for?

Its just bad ettiquitte IMO, and I wont be buying from that seller again.

Mayhap it is bad ettiquette to slam the seller and buyer in this thread.

Like I said before, I was just trying to see if my disappointment is justified or not.

Depends on who you ask

IMO Shootin-Str8 wins the book. He posted the first I'll take it. I have no Ideal why you are taking this to a public forum and and putting the buyer and seller on the spot. I think its bad ettiquitte on your part, this has happen to me before and I never said a thing. LIFE ISNT FAIR!

I agree

Mayhap it is bad ettiquette to slam the seller in this thread.

Like I said before, I was just trying to see if my disappointment is justified or not.

Depends on who you ask

(thumbs u

I'd say it's Shootin-Str8's. First, it's pretty clear what his intention was. Second, even going by the letter of the law:

"BUYERS When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid."

It does not state HOW to indicate which comic you're claiming. The link to the ASM 45 is right there in his post, as lizards2 has noted a million times. That sounds like indication enough for me. But again, that's just being a stickler. Even without this, it should still go to him.

And it has, right?

I agree

Depends on who you ask

Thank You for your input - Much appreciated (thumbs u

I agree

Depends on who you ask

Thank You for your input - Much appreciated (thumbs u

:acclaim:

Based on the post to which shootin replied, ie. ASM 45 per the link, I believe although he did not mention the book in HIS post ,he did reply first and should therefore have first rights to purchase the book. The "rules", mind you are more guidelines than anything else, and can be altered by each individual seller if chosen to do so. While I clearly see your side of this Dan, I would, as I have done so myself in the past, chalk it up as a loss and move on to the next book.

IMO Shootin-Str8 wins the book. He posted the first I'll take it. I have no Ideal why you are taking this to a public forum and and putting the buyer and seller on the spot. I think its bad ettiquitte on your part, this has happen to me before and I never said a thing. LIFE ISNT FAIR!

Im not putting anyone on the spot - The deal is done. As a seller on here, Id like to know what the rule is in case I ever end up in this situation.

Im not putting anyone on the spot - The deal is done. As a seller on here, Id like to know what the rule is in case I ever end up in this situation.

So...as a seller...what would you do in this situation ???... hm

So...as a seller...what would you do in this situation ???... hm

You know what Im gonna say :banana:

I interpret this only one way..

"BUYERS When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid."

1st person to post specifically what they want - wins

It's not confusing at all - the buyer is there looking at the book, and posts the takeit. Just click the userID above the post, and you are redirected to the exact book taken. There are those in the foolkiller threads, with very high internet speed, who insist that you quote the book, mostly so that they can be determined the winner, over those with the slow internet speed, who just drop in at the right moment. :cool:

I keep trying Mike - But it just takes me to the entire thread (shrug)

+1

Which browser are you guys using? With Mozilla it takes me back to the ASM #45.

It goes to the post, but you can still scroll up and down correct?

So you can clearly see which book he was :takeit: ? :shrug:

It's not confusing at all - the buyer is there looking at the book, and posts the takeit. Just click the userID above the post, and you are redirected to the exact book taken. There are those in the foolkiller threads, with very high internet speed, who insist that you quote the book, mostly so that they can be determined the winner, over those with the slow internet speed, who just drop in at the right moment. :cool:

I keep trying Mike - But it just takes me to the entire thread (shrug)

+1

Which browser are you guys using? With Mozilla it takes me back to the ASM #45.

It goes to the post, but you can still scroll up and down correct?

So you can clearly see which book he was :takeit: ? :shrug:

I didnt know that before you said anything. Yes it jumps right to the #45

Theres alot of stuff on here I dont know how to do yet ???