• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL 2011 (Wizard World) Chicago Comicon Forum Dinner!

60 posts in this topic

I'm in, if for no other reason than to share some cigars with Steve :-)

ahem... (shrug)

You too, Wes :foryou: I'll have plenty with me ;)

Looks like a herf!

It will be (thumbs u Got a Cohiba CC for you to enjoy

:bump:

The Details:

What:

CGC Forum Dinner - Chicago

When:

Saturday, August 13th, 6:00pm - ?? (Dinner at 8:00pm)

Where:

The Stephens Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Why:

TO PARTY!

Who:

PedigreeMan

klozd24seven + 1? 3? 10?

TheEnabler

cgcworld + 1

catrick339 (PAID)

143ksk

Moondog + 4-6?

Watcher (PAID)

Electricprune (presumably)

1koko (PAID)

Logan510 + 1 (PAID)

Sharkey (PAID ... sort of ... Steve, Paypal thinks we're doing a drug deal or something because your payment is frozen)

(Tentative)

G.A.tor

aardvark88 (Would rather look at fishes than comic geeks)

ciorac

How Much:

$80 per person. Paypal (personal) to me-- aflenard@ameritech.net -- and please put your board name in the comments section. And I just paid the Amex bill with the deposit for the room on it, so if you haven't paid yet t'would be much appreciated if t'was forthcoming. T'enk yew veddy much.

Did the drug money, er uh, I mean DINNER money go through yet? lol

They flagged me for some random security check and said that they sent you a query and that you had to respond to verify that the money wasn't sent by an unauthorized user.

Let me know if I need to go kick anyone at Paypal in the nutz. :censored:

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

The Stephens Room, Gibson's Steakhouse, 5464 North River Road, Rosemont, IL (right across the street from the con!)

Why:

TO PARTY!

Who:

PedigreeMan

klozd24seven + 1? 3? 10?

TheEnabler

cgcworld + 1

catrick339 (PAID)

143ksk

Moondog + 4-6?

Watcher (PAID)

1koko (PAID)

Logan510 + 1

Sharkey (PAID ... sort of ... Steve, Paypal thinks we're doing a drug deal or something because your payment is frozen)

(Tentative)

G.A.tor

aardvark88

ciorac

How Much:

$80 per person. Paypal (personal) to me-- aflenard@ameritech.net -- and please put your board name in the comments section. And I just paid the Amex bill with the deposit for the room on it, so if you haven't paid yet t'would be much appreciated if t'was forthcoming. T'enk yew veddy much.

Did the drug money, er uh, I mean DINNER money go through yet? lol

They flagged me for some random security check and said that they sent you a query and that you had to respond to verify that the money wasn't sent by an unauthorized user.

Let me know if I need to go kick anyone at Paypal in the nutz. :censored:

lol I would love to know how Paypal gets around all of the money laundering and black market traps and such, especially with their "send personal cash" feature. I guess this could be one of the ways -- annoy random customers up the a-:censored:-s for no sane reason! :insane:

But don't worry, Steve ... I'll get the money from ya ... one way or another. :whistle:

So tell me about this place that the dinner is at...I'm assuming its top notch.

And when do you need to know by?

It's a great time, Torrey. Just sign up already. :grin:

And if you're still waffling after that awesome endorsement, just ask Logan510 if you should come. He attended his first one last year ... and I think he had an okay time. :D

Gibson's is a great steak house. The quality of the food at these dinners has always been excellent, which isn't always the case when you have a large group of people being served at the same time. They have delivered every time.

And once you walk in and see things like the Action 1, maybe a couple pre-hero Tecs, a Phantom Lady 17, etc and stand around hob-knobbing with other boardies and comparing dealer floor war stories, getting googly eyed over everybody's purchases, and generally finding out that the people on the boards are the nicest, friendliest, fanatical comic collecting nutjobs just like yourself, well, then that awesome food just becomes a bonus.

(thumbs u :headbang::banana:

It's a great time, Torrey. Just sign up already. :grin:

And if you're still waffling after that awesome endorsement, just ask Logan510 if you should come. He attended his first one last year ... and I think he had an okay time. :D

I'm waiting to see if the weekend is going to be a family affair or if I'm going it alone. If the wife and kids go, I don't think I'll be dropping $80 a piece for dinner. :)

The Details:

What:

When:

Where:

Why:

TO PARTY!

Who:

PedigreeMan

klozd24seven + 1? 3? 10?

TheEnabler

cgcworld + 1

catrick339 (PAID)

143ksk

Moondog + 4-6?

Watcher (PAID)

1koko (PAID)

Logan510 + 1 (PAID)

Sharkey (PAID)

CentaurMan (PAID)

(Tentative)

G.A.tor

aardvark88 (Would rather look at fishes than comic geeks)

ciorac

How Much:

$80 per person. Paypal (personal) to me-- aflenard@ameritech.net -- and please put your board name in the comments section.