• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Atom/Silver/Bronze Age - List of remaining books & discounts on Page 22

223 posts in this topic

Tales of Suspense #97 VG/FN $15 (OSPG ~$17)

1st Appearance of Whiplash.

3/4" tear mid right edge front cover that goes through first 2 pages.

TalesofSuspense97.jpg

TalesofSuspense97bc.jpg

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

Amazing Spider-Man #95 VF/VF+ $30 (OSPG ~$75) Light perimeter tanning and a blue ink dot (printing defect? distributor ink? pen mark?) on the back cover. Gorgeous copy otherwise.

Avengers #35 FN+ $15 (OSPG ~$30)

Fantastic Four #59 FN- $15 (OSPG ~$30) Looks better but there is a 4" or so light bend/crease back cover.

Fantastic Four #76 VG $10 (OSPG ~$20) Looks better but there are several light clear small circular stains/spots.

Fantastic Four #79 FN $10 (OSPG $21)

Fantastic Four #84 VF+ $20 (OSPG ~$53) Faint dust shadow right side front cover.

Page 2:

Marvel Feature #2 FN- $10 (OSPG ~$25) 2nd Appearance of the Defenders. Light ink transfer from stacking and a small pencil number/arrival date front cover.

Nick Fury #6 VF $20 (OSPG $49) Light perimeter tanning.

Silver Surfer #14 FN- $20 (OSPG ~$40) Guest appearance by the character that made the FF irrelevant in the late SA........... There is color chipping out of the tip of the bottom right corner but it is still there.

Page 4:

Shock SuspenStories #10 VG- $30 (OSPG $58 in VG) Classic "Junkie" story. Nice Kamen cover with Wood, Orlando and Crandall interior artwork.

Shock SuspenStories #14 Apparent VG $20 (OSPG $48 in VG) Used in the Senate Investigation hearings. Classic Wood cover with Wood, Kamen, Krigstein and Evans interior artwork. Great looking copy but has some spots of color touch on the spine and top edge that was not disclosed in the auction description.

Tales of Suspense #75 VG/FN $10 (OSPG ~$18)

Tales of Suspense #76 VF- $18 (OSPG ~$35) There is a 1/8" tear middle left edge back cover

Page 5:

Tales of Suspense #77 FN- $10 (OSPG ~$19)

Tales of Suspense #79 VG $10 (OSPG $18) 1st Cosmic Cube! Impact crunch and scuffing bottom left corner

Tales of Suspense #81 FN- $10 (OSPG ~$19) Light foxing back cover, smudge in title front cover.

Tales of Suspense #82 FN+ $12 (OSPG ~$25) Crease bottom left corner and light bend upper left back cover, plus ink tansfer from stacking back cover.

Tales of Suspense #83 VG/FN $10 (OSPG ~$17) Light bend along bottom edge.

Tales of Suspense #84 VF- $20 (OSPG ~$40)

Tales of Suspense #85 FN/VF $15 (OSPG ~$33) Looks better but has rust transfer spot from another book in number box, tiny faint stain lower left edge back cover.

Tales of Suspense #86 VG/FN $10 (OSPG ~$17) Chip out tip top right corner.

Tales of Suspense #87 FN- $10 (OSPG $19)

Page 6:

Tales of Suspense #88 VG+ $8 (OSPG $15)

Tales of Suspense #89 FN- $10 (OSPG $19) Color fleck out lower middle of spine.

Tales of Suspense #90 FN $10 (OSPG $21) Small stain/smudge middle of left edge back cover.

Tales of Suspense #91 FN+ $12 (OSPG ~$25) Light bend/crease top left corner back cover.

Tales of Suspense #92 GD+ $4 (OSPG ~$9)

Tales of Suspense #93 VG+ $6 (OSPG ~$15)

Tales of Suspense #95 FN+ $12 (OSPG ~$25) Looks better but impact bend bottom left corner

Page 7:

Tales of Suspense #96 FN/VF $15 (OSPG ~$33)

Tales of Suspense #97 VG/FN $15 (OSPG ~$17) 1st Appearance of Whiplash. 3/4" tear mid right edge front cover that goes through first 2 pages.

Tales of Suspense #98 FN+ $12 (OSPG ~$25) There are a couple of light fingertip smudges back cover.

Tales of Suspense #99 VG $6 (OSPG $16)

So......, when will the Atoms be posted :shrug:

I don't have any more. I consider the ECs to be Atom Age books.

:shrug: bait and switch :censored:

Sorry. :sorry::foryou:

I dunno, seems accurate to me . . . :)

Crime SuspenStories #24 GD $10 (OSPG $18 in GD)

Contains "Food for thought" story similar to "Cave In" from Amazing Detective Cases #13 (1952).

CrimeSuspenstories24.jpg

That cover oughta motivate a couple years worth of art . . . :grin::applause:

X-Men #35 GD/VG $18 (OSPG ~$36) :news:SOLD

Nice copy but there is a small cut and scrape at the top of the front cover that goes into the first 5 pages as a tear/indent as well.

X-Men35.jpg

X-Men35bc.jpg

Yeah - I finally figured that out after following this thread waiting for the punch line, but I still had to give you some Chrap about it :thumbsup:

Yeah - I finally figured that out after following this thread waiting for the punch line, but I still had to give you some Chrap about it :thumbsup:

No worries and I wish I had some available. (thumbs u