• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con: August 7th, 2011!

78 posts in this topic

It's too hot to be outside today. Maybe I'll bring the family to the show for a little bit. Hope to see some of you out there. Best of luck with the show!!

Good to see you & the family Christian :)

Okay, here is my TBCC report.

Got there about 11 am & parking was nearly impossible.

The crowd was the largest I have ever seen & I have missed very few of the Tampa shows since Tim Gordon started them back in 2000 or so (3 shows per year every year since inception).

Tons of books & families with children.

Great show!

The crowd was the largest I have ever seen & I have missed very few of the Tampa shows since Tim Gordon started them back in 2000 or so (3 shows per year every year since inception).

Great show!

:applause:

And what did you buy? Anything from Earl?

Great show!

Agreed. My wife and I only stayed until 10:45, and the place was rockin'. Ended up spending nearly all my cash, and that's a rarity (of course, I didn't come loaded for bear either).. The amount of vintage books in the place was impressive for the size of the show. Certainly shaping up to be a worthy Con and a better comic-oriented alternative to Mega-Con.

Kudos to Stephen and Mike for all of their hard work. :applause:

Also, I will be hosting the second Annual Florida Comic Get-Together on Satirday, November 12th, the day before the next Tampa Comic Con. Its a great way for folks who make the drive to our gathering to then stay overnight and hit the Tampa show the next day.

Always something from Earl!

:)

Earl still had some decent stuff when I got there....just didn't have the time to look through everything like I normally would. Still got a couple of gems, and Earl is always quick with the discounts.

Earl still had some decent stuff when I got there....just didn't have the time to look through everything like I normally would. Still got a couple of gems, and Earl is always quick with the discounts.

Earl told me that the boys at already come & gone though his stuff well before my arrival. Even so, I was able to grab a couple books :)

Its a great way for folks who make the drive to our gathering to then stay overnight and hit the Tampa show the next day.

You mean I'm encouraged to get so blasted that I can pass-out on the sofa & stay the night? :o

Earl told me that the boys at already come & gone though his stuff well before my arrival. Even so, I was able to grab a couple books :)

He still has the juice..........and he hasn't even started processing all the massive bunch of books he bought at Capitol Comics in Raleigh a few weeks ago.

Harley came down to Atlanta to check the inventory out, and Dennis Keum (think that's his name?) showed up at our show last Sunday and bought a of stuff from him.

Make sure all you guys check him out in Baltimore :)

Glad to hear the show was rockin' :headbang:

Had wanted to make it to one this year, but the situation at work has kept me from taking a lot of time off................if not November, maybe next year. Especially if you guys decide to do a two day show.

Its a great way for folks who make the drive to our gathering to then stay overnight and hit the Tampa show the next day.

You mean I'm encouraged to get so blasted that I can pass-out on the sofa & stay the night? :o

You're well-to-do...call for a taxi back to South Tampa. :baiting:

But seriously, it does sound as several folks will be staying at least on Saturday night (either in Spring Hill, or back in Tampa) and then hitting the show on Sunday. That's hardcore dedication, right there.

Great show, bought my first Golden Age comic (Flash #21 2.0) and got it signed by Shelly.

Had a blast, spent WAAAY to much, and looking forward to the next show.

Good to see you this morning!

Where was your partner, Adonis? I never ran into him (shrug)

You're well-to-do...call for a taxi back to South Tampa. :baiting:

But seriously, it does sound as several folks will be staying at least on Saturday night (either in Spring Hill, or back in Tampa) and then hitting the show on Sunday. That's hardcore dedication, right there.

So that means I'm encouraged to get so blasted that I can pass-out on the sofa & stay the night? :o

Great show, bought my first Golden Age comic (Flash #21 2.0) and got it signed by Shelly.

He was there the whole show, must have just missed him. (We really only ran into each other as I was dropping stuff off at my car) :)

I was there the entire show! I can't believe we missed each other bro!