• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con: August 7th, 2011!

78 posts in this topic

Great show, bought my first Golden Age comic (Flash #21 2.0) and got it signed by Shelly.

Had a blast, spent WAAAY to much, and looking forward to the next show.

Good to see you this morning!

Where was your partner, Adonis? I never ran into him (shrug)

I was there the entire show! I can't believe we missed each other bro!

Next time!

Its a great way for folks who make the drive to our gathering to then stay overnight and hit the Tampa show the next day.

You mean I'm encouraged to get so blasted that I can pass-out on the sofa & stay the night? :o

You're well-to-do...call for a taxi back to South Tampa. :baiting:

But seriously, it does sound as several folks will be staying at least on Saturday night (either in Spring Hill, or back in Tampa) and then hitting the show on Sunday. That's hardcore dedication, right there.

So that means I'm encouraged to get so blasted that I can pass-out on the sofa & stay the night? :o

Long as you don't mind the dog kissing you on the lips while you're sleeping....probably don't need to tell you where that tongue of hers has been. :sick:

as far as spending money my partner was there and he help earl shaw unload his stuff. i know he bought 6k worth of stuff from shaw before anyone else even saw any of it. he spent a total of 8k today.

saw you guys on fox news this evening. was really cool

as far as spending money my partner was there and he help earl shaw unload his stuff. i know he bought 6k worth of stuff from shaw before anyone else even saw any of it. he spent a total of 8k today.

Yeah, I hit Earl Shaw's booth first right around 10:15. I didn't see much worth buying in the $5 boxes. I only ended up getting a few trades. No back issues. I was a bit bummed with the selection there honestly. I guess I know where it went now. Heh.

He did have some ASMs in the back, but they weren't priced so I didn't bother.

The convention went better than ever. The attendance at the convention not only exceeded the previous convention (which I thought was a strong turnout), but it exceeded the highest attendance count ever recorded by the convention in its many years of existence. I don't have exact figures yet, but a rough count puts the attendance at 1,500 paid attendance. This does not include children, as we do not charge an admission fee for children. The previous high was about 1,000 paid attendees.

The convention was crowded all day long. The line to get in at 10 AM was pretty long, and it was a constantly streaming crowd for most of the day. I think there were a number of factors that led to the record turnout, and can only try to do the same result for the November 13th convention.

Our guest artists were all very busy throughout the day, which was great. The dealers that I spoke with did well and had positive things to say about where the convention is going.

It was a very busy and hectic weekend. I could not really talk to anybody for any length of time, unfortunately. But it was a great weekend.

Yeah, I hit Earl Shaw's booth first right around 10:15. I didn't see much worth buying in the $5 boxes. I only ended up getting a few trades. No back issues. I was a bit bummed with the selection there honestly. I guess I know where it went now. Heh.

No, THOSE are the books you want. Earl is very quick to price stuff "mentally", and often to your advantage on the stuff that isn't marked. Trust me. (thumbs u

The convention went better than ever. The attendance at the convention not only exceeded the previous convention (which I thought was a strong turnout), but it exceeded the highest attendance count ever recorded by the convention in its many years of existence. I don't have exact figures yet, but a rough count puts the attendance at 1,500 paid attendance. This does not include children, as we do not charge an admission fee for children. The previous high was about 1,000 paid attendees.

The convention was crowded all day long. The line to get in at 10 AM was pretty long, and it was a constantly streaming crowd for most of the day. I think there were a number of factors that led to the record turnout, and can only try to do the same result for the November 13th convention.

Our guest artists were all very busy throughout the day, which was great. The dealers that I spoke with did well and had positive things to say about where the convention is going.

It was a very busy and hectic weekend. I could not really talk to anybody for any length of time, unfortunately. But it was a great weekend.

That's really great news! Looking forward to November already.

No, THOSE are the books you want. Earl is very quick to price stuff "mentally", and often to your advantage on the stuff that isn't marked. Trust me. (thumbs u

Now that that cat is out of the bag :makepoint:

Now that that cat is out of the bag :makepoint:

lol

Sounds like it was a FANTASTIC Show!!! (thumbs u

Cool. Honestly, I would've taken a better look at those books, but one of his helpers was camped out on a chair right behind them and he didn't seem to want to move even when I tried to get there and took a look at a few. I didn't want to put my butt all up in his cheese so I didn't really bother.