• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CI would have a field day with this week's Comic quiz

45 posts in this topic

Wow - I missed and day and the whole Jens25e incident...seems like our German buddy has been ostracized....sorry Donut....

Let me clarify - it was the fact that YOU (whom I regard as having an in-depth knowledge of old "fogey" books wink.gif ) answered Broome that made me dooubt the validity of Gemma's answer. smile.gif

Remember when CI laid into Jens when he was begging for stars??? That was the most insulting, vile post I have ever read here. And there have been a lot of insulting, vile posts! Kinda felt sorry for Jens after I read CI's post.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Note that CI said in that thread that he would be investigating his emphatic challenge to the claim of Metropolis's discovery of this very minor collection.

I figured he was currently in a hotel in Devil's Lake, investigating the whereabouts of the house where the discovery took place to find the stick of butter and have it carbon-dated by a lab to prove that it hadn't really been sitting there for 20 years. God bless him on his crusade, he's really walking with the angels through the valley in the shadow of darkness on this one! tongue.gif

Actually, he did proclaim that he would be back to prove Metropolis wrong. He never did. Maybe you're right and it's because he's on the road looking for the definitive proof. He really got into that one, so somehow it wouldn't surprise me.

he did proclaim that he would be back to prove Metropolis wrong. He never did.

Sad, really...because now we may never know what happens to a block of butter after sitting out in the open on a table for 25+years!?!? And to think, the integrity of the world's largest comic book dealer, and indeed, one could argue, the very legitimacy of the back-issue comic book industry itself, hung in the balance - was there really a "dirty yellow brick", or not! confused.gif

"I still can't believe that we lost CI to the forum over a stick of butter though."

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I actually agreed with some of his views, but after hearing the same things over and over again it just got old. Like a one trick pony.

Cool, two "horse" references in the same post. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be back to say "I told you so." one more time.