• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CI would have a field day with this week's Comic quiz

45 posts in this topic

FF wrote:

> I figured he was currently in a hotel in Devil's Lake, investigating the whereabouts of the house where the discovery took place to find the stick of butter and have it carbon-dated by a lab to prove that it hadn't really been sitting there for 20 years. God bless him on his crusade, he's really walking with the angels through the valley in the shadow of darkness on this one!

---

CI may be up against a hard wall on this one, though. I recall a note in New Scientist that describes a method which could potentially harden the edges of a block of butter, creating a solid crust. Is it possible that the old lady heated the butter in her microwave shortly before tragedy struck? I guess we will never know for sure... confused.gif Good luck from me too, CI.

http://www.newscientist.com/lastword/article.jsp?id=lw715

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Well, that's what happens when someone's JUST GOTTA BE RIGHT ALL THE TIME.

I mean geeeeeeeeeez, HOW COULD WE NOT SEE HOW MUCH MORE HE KNEW THAN ALL OF US COMBINED, TIMES TEN.

After all, with his vast years of experience "in graded collectibles" (that would be since '86, right CI? The year PCGS started) and the fact that HE HAD NEVER BEEN TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF OR OTHERWISE BEEN SUCKERED in any collectibles transaction. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

I suppose we'll just have to be happy and content in his absence until we become SO wrong-headed again... that he'll have to come back, if only to save us from ourselves.

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif