• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Super Short (for now) WW Philly Report

36 posts in this topic

...yeah I honestly never thought this day with come,...just exactly how long does it take to press the average book anyway?

It's really no different than any other hobby. Everything moves along until it eventually finds and equilibrium.

Coins reached that stage years ago.

From what I understand all you hear at a coin show is the sound of coin holders being cracked for resubs.

Ever been to the coin forum? They have a fraction of the meltdowns that we have over here.

We're like the toddlers in the hobby. Meltdowns all the time. Still lots of maturing to do.

:baiting:

They're like the seasoned middle aged person. Relatively stable.

lol

What's the over/under on number of posts in this thread now that the ball is rolling?

hm

...yeah I honestly never thought this day with come,...just exactly how long does it take to press the average book anyway?

Could be 5 minutes, could be a month or anywhere in between. It all depends on exactly what and how much is being done.

Show is absolutely packed, most dealers are doing really well, lots of nice stuff all around and grading is pretty good. I wouldn't say loose or tight. I'm at about 70-75% on guessing the grades which is where I usually am when I feel they're on the mark.

I subbed about a 100 books at the show.

Have to say, it's much more impressive looking to at least me, based on previous Philly shows.

They did move it to a smaller hall than previous years (same convention centre, different room) so that might have something to do with the feel of the show.

Show is absolutely packed, most dealers are doing really well, lots of nice stuff all around and grading is pretty good. I wouldn't say loose or tight. I'm at about 70-75% on guessing the grades which is where I usually am when I feel they're on the mark.

I subbed about a 100 books at the show.

Have to say, it's much more impressive looking to at least me, based on previous Philly shows.

They did move it to a smaller hall than previous years (same convention centre, different room) so that might have something to do with the feel of the show.

They also didnt purposely try to go head to head with heroes this year either.

Just wondering. Isnt it just amazing, for lack of a better word, that pressing has gone from the back alleys and the smoke filled rooms so to speak, to being done out in public at large shows.

My how the hobby has evolved in a short time. And I believe that this message board has had a large impact on how pressing has evolved.

evolved or devolved?

Or spread like the plague...

Just wondering. Isnt it just amazing, for lack of a better word, that pressing has gone from the back alleys and the smoke filled rooms so to speak, to being done out in public at large shows.

My how the hobby has evolved in a short time. And I believe that this message board has had a large impact on how pressing has evolved.

evolved or devolved?

Or spread like the plague...

It isnt an either or. But to say that it has spread like the Plague is apt.

Here are some of the grades I got back (some sold right at the show)

ASM 22 CGC 9.2 ow/w

ASM 39 CGC 8.5 ow/w

ASM 41 CGC 9.6 ow/w

ASM 97 CGC 9.6 white

ASM 119 CGC 9.8 white

ASM 120 CGC 9.6 ow/w

ASM 121 CGC 9.4 white

ASM122a CGC 9.8 white

ASM 122b CGC 9.4 white

ASM 124 CGC 9.4 white

Avengers 4 CGC 8.0 ow/w

Batman 183 CGC 9.4 ow/w

Cap 111 CGC 9.6 ow/w

Daredevil 16 CGC 9.4 ow/w

Detective 327 CGC 9.4 ow/w

FF 24 CGC 9.0 ow/w

FF 166 CGC 9.8 white

FF 167 CGC 9.8 white

JLA 1 CGC 6.0 ow/w

Spectre 5 CGC 9.6 ow/w

Batman 244 CGC 9.8 white

JIM 112a CGC 9.2 ow/w

JIM 112b CGC 9.2 ow/w

Thor 168 CGC 9.2 ow/w

Very happy. Can't compare, of course, to what blazingbob got on site, an X-Men 1 CGC 9.4.

...some awesome subs there Brian,...did u bring these books with u to get graded?...or buy them at the show?

when are you going to learn how to post like an adult? :whistle:

...when u get a big-boy haircut,...u sure u want to start this dance?... :taptaptap:

...some awesome subs there Brian,...did u bring these books with u to get graded?...or buy them at the show?

These were all books I brought with me to the show. There wasn't great raw stuff in the room...