• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books you buy, but no one talks about...

30 posts in this topic

I think it was #35. Marvel solicited orders for #36, but I don't think they're going to release it because it was the first issue in a new story arc. Plus, #35 definitely felt like the proverbial "last issue."

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was buying Elektra, but they canceled it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When? I just bought it last week.

#36 was the last issue.

Kev

Promethia (Alan Moore)

Hellblazer (Almost to issue #200 already!?)

Supreme Power (Not much buzz on this, but the story is starting to build!)

Sojourn (Greg Land was awesome on this title!)

Hmmm... I thought the buzz has been pretty good on Supreme Power

It's a top 20 book, so yes.

To me, the best thing about Supreme Power is how, by the end of every issue, JMS manages to scare the [!@#%^&^] out of me as to what's going to happen next month. It's been a long time since a comic book did that month after month. This IS a great series.

Then again, we never talk about it around here.

It's a great series. thumbsup2.gif

JMS manages to scare the [!@#%^&^] out of me as to what's going to happen next month. It's been a long time since a comic book did that month after month.

Do you read "Y: The Last Man"? Vaughan is the king of the every-issue cliff-hanger.

No, but I've seen you guys talking about it and am considering picking it up. I've started quite a few really enjoyable series because of recommendations from people on here. With the exception of Powers (of which I've read only the most recent issue and don't have much of a basis yet), I've enjoyed them all. Still too early to say on Powers. I need some back issues.

Most of all, I thank each and every one of you who turned me on to the new Conan series. 893applaud-thumb.gif

JMS manages to scare the [!@#%^&^] out of me as to what's going to happen next month. It's been a long time since a comic book did that month after month.

Do you read "Y: The Last Man"? Vaughan is the king of the every-issue cliff-hanger.

OK, I just bid on a set of 1-21. If I win, I'll check them out.

Read the first Y story arc. Guaranteed, you'll be fiending for more like a dirty crack whore. thumbsup2.gif