• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

On a scale of 0 to 10 what would you give Green Lantern?

Green Lantern  

561 members have voted

1. 1. Green Lantern

89 posts in this topic

Watched it last night. I'd have to give it only a 5 or 6. For all the effort, it was just boring to watch, and with too few really "wow" moments. The scenes ended abruptly. The dialogue was choppy. The love story had zero arc to it (carol clearly loved him all the way thru.) the villains were hard to look at and uninspired.

But --- the effects were top notch all the way throughout.

Anyone else notice the visual similarity of parallax curling around the city blocks looked just like the WTC smoke clouds cater they collapsed? An accident? Or a reminder or purposeful cue back to our amazement and watching it on TV when it happened?

But overall, compared to the first Spidey, where we see a kid grow into a man, get the girl, and walk away out of a sense of responsibility, Hal Jordan's arc wasn't very interesting to watch. This was more like the last Supeman film... Much ado about little. Sadly

I agree with what you have said, but only gave the movie a 4.

As to the effects, while they were fantastic, I often felt it was over the top and not necessary. Example: The helicopter crashing should have just been a conjured giant hand that grabbed it and gently lowered it to the ground, not the silly hot wheels race track loop de loop.

I didn't mind the dumb way GL stopped the helicopter because come on, ever see a crashing helicopter keep moving after it hits the ground? Where we're the rotors spinning .. Wouldn't they ground right away?

I just watched it and I would have to say, one of the worst super hero movies I have ever seen. I didn't have high expectations but figured it would be enjoyable to watch. The guy playing Hal was pretty flat. It seemed they tried to do too much with such a short film. In general, the special effects were okay, but they couldn't save the movie. The only way they could have made the movie worse was having Ben Affleck play Hal.

I watched it last night for the first time. I didn't like it very much... maybe a 3 or 4 out of 10 because the effects were respectable. There were just too many problems to bother listing. I thought Ghost Rider was a very weak flick but liked it better than this... that's saying something.

i would say a 3 from me, just a complete cluster, still thought better than Cap and Thor, waiting for abuse lol

I actually watched Thor for free on a Air Canada flight and liked it a lot. At least I didn't fall asleep like I did on the Iron Man and most of the other super hero movies.

Of course, I am probably also a little biased since I have always liked Thor in the comic books ever since the JIM days.

Wow... either you guys expect way too much from a film, from a superhero movie, or just look at things different from me. For me, I rate superhero movies on entertainment value first, character portrayal second, true to source material's spirit third, and eye appeal fourth...

Green Lantern

entertainment value - 9

character portrayal - Hal - 2

Carol Ferris - 5

Sinestro - 9

GL Corps in general - 9

Guardians - 10

Tim Robbins - 8

Hector - 4

True to source material's spirit - 10

eye appeal - 10

Leaving me with an 8 (rounded)

I really enjoyed the time I spent watching this one... not as good as Captain America, not as bad as Spider-Man, about the same as Thor (but Thor's lead was FAR better)...

Wow... either you guys expect way too much from a film, from a superhero movie, or just look at things different from me. For me, I rate superhero movies on entertainment value first, character portrayal second, true to source material's spirit third, and eye appeal fourth...

Green Lantern

entertainment value - 9

character portrayal - Hal - 2

Carol Ferris - 5

Sinestro - 9

GL Corps in general - 9

Guardians - 10

Tim Robbins - 8

Hector - 4

True to source material's spirit - 10

eye appeal - 10

Leaving me with an 8 (rounded)

I really enjoyed the time I spent watching this one... not as good as Captain America, not as bad as Spider-Man, about the same as Thor (but Thor's lead was FAR better)...

I think everyone sees it differently. If I used your grading scale, here is how I would end up.

entertainment value - 2

character portrayal - Hal - 1 (would be a 0 if Ben Affleck played Hal)

Carol Ferris - 3 (not much of a character)

Sinestro - 5

GL Corps in general - 5 (too limited in the exposure, why even have them in the movie)

Guardians - 4 (limited exposure why even have them in the movie)

Tim Robbins - 3

Hector - 1

True to source material's spirit - 3 (very limited in relation to the original silver-age character)

eye appeal - 4 (suit was pretty bad in my opinion and the general look wasn't that great)

Leaving me with a 3 (rounded)