• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

An English Collector in New York

25 posts in this topic

and gossip.gif NYC is more than just Manhattan .... foreheadslap.gif

there are plenty of comic stores in the other 4 boroughs and even out on Long Island...a certain Doctor of board fame happens to reside out that way. He's got a famous "wall" of comics that would make hardcore collectors salivate... make sure you look him up next time your in town.. wink.gif

All in good old English humour my friends - I wasn't dissapointed by NYC itself at all - just the comic shops - but then what kind of loon jets across the Atlantic to buy comics!

"mistress" - it's an English custom to bring the girlfriend as well as the wife - besides, she fits neatly in my suitcase too, pump and all.

other boroughs - it was far too scary to leave Manhattan - the bus tour tour took us through Harlem. That was enough.

Tourists - agreed, all tourists lower the tone of an area. Personally, I hate them. However, you don't get that many in Stevenage.

Capital: yes, yes, I know it's Washington DC - thus called because that's where DC was founded?

However, it's a little known fact that Malcolm Wheeler Nicholson was originally from Barnsley and Stan Lee got his first editorial job at the Rotherham Gazette.