• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is Greggy Doing Right?

51 posts in this topic

I thought this thread could be used as a "help" guide for small time sellers and also give us some good insight into what works in the "for sale" section.

Every single VCC has some people selling a bunch of books and some that only sell a few. But Greggy stands out from the crowd by the huge amount of books he sells each and every time to the point he sometimes sells out by Sunday. What is he doing right? I'm going to list a few thoughts which may help along the thread:

1. Is it the ultra tight grading and good prices? With him being in Canada the shipping cost must make it hard for him to compete with US sellers but he keeps on selling.

2. He seems like a really nice guy who obviously has been a member of the boards for a while - is that partially why he does so well? Do you buy his books for his great customer service and freebees?

3. I typically only see him selling during the VCC which makes people wait to buy his books. Is it a function of a feeding frenzy because his books will not be For Sale again for a few months?

4. Is he a nice enough guy to leave some meat on the bone with his books which gives dealers insentive to buy up his books? He obviously sells graded books and utilizes pressing so I can't believe he is selling easy 9.8 CGC books as raw 9.4s.

5. Does he have the books that other sellers simply do not have?

Greggy is doing a lot right based on his sales so it would be great to learn what other think is his secret to success.

I thought this thread could be used as a "help" guide for small time sellers and also give us some good insight into what works in the "for sale" section.

Every single VCC has some people selling a bunch of books and some that only sell a few. But Greggy stands out from the crowd by the huge amount of books he sells each and every time to the point he sometimes sells out by Sunday. What is he doing right? I'm going to list a few thoughts which may help along the thread:

1. Is it the ultra tight grading and good prices? With him being in Canada the shipping cost must make it hard for him to compete with US sellers but he keeps on selling.

greggy is an excellent grader. He is very accurate and occasionally undergrades. I do not think of him as "tight," he is accurate, to CGC standards

2. He seems like a really nice guy who obviously has been a member of the boards for a while - is that partially why he does so well? Do you buy his books for his great customer service and freebees?

greggy is a dork

3. I typically only see him selling during the VCC which makes people wait to buy his books. Is it a function of a feeding frenzy because his books will not be For Sale again for a few months?

All of his good stuff goes to auction. This is stuff that is not high enough grade to slab or high grade slabs of those books don't bring enough bread to bother with.

4. Is he a nice enough guy to leave some meat on the bone with his books which gives dealers insentive to buy up his books? He obviously sells graded books and utilizes pressing so I can't believe he is selling easy 9.8 CGC books as raw 9.4s.

He is not.

Yes. greg sells very nice DCs. If you are here long enough, you will realize that 75% of the people here are marvel only zombified when it comes to back issues. They may read Walking Dead or something, but they only collect marvel back issues.

Greggy is doing a lot right based on his sales so it would be great to learn what other think is his secret to success.

There can be only one.

If you don't buy from him, he follows you around at all the cons....

On the other hand, if you do buy from him he follows you home.

How do you know he's really selling that amount? Anyone can put a number amount in the discussion forum.

I don't think anyone that likes to nap so much would lie about selling books on here.

Quick update - we have learned that Greggy is organized and is liked enough for people to goof on him.