• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you ordered an Overstreet from Lighthouse

72 posts in this topic

Sorry to all those who can't control themselves but I have to put this back on topic.

'House or anyone else who knows.

Any idea when the Big Overstreet Book is supposed to ship?

okay back to greamlin posting.

gossip.gif

Woo-Hoo... I might still have a shot at the title... mad.gif893frustrated.gifforeheadslap.gif

Grrrr....

So I get my shipment in today. Around 450lbs of stuff, including lots of trades to take to WonderCon. I find the Overstreet softcovers in the second box, along with the OCPRs... But then I open box after box after box... No hardcovers. 893frustrated.gif

I get to the last box, assuming that the hardcovers will be inside, since after all, things are always in the last place you look... Instead I find 200 copies of Uncanny X-Men, 100 Supes/Bats 9, and some other books... Wait a minute... Didn't I already count my Uncannys?... Yes, yes I did... mad.gifmad.gif

Sure enough, I check the outside of the box again, and discover it belongs to another dealer. A couple phone calls later, I have the box on its way to its rightful owner, and discover that my hardcovers will be re-routed to me early next week... mad.gifmad.gif

Thankfully a buddy of mine was willing to spot me five hardcovers until next week, so I can ship a few of them tomorrow. The rest will have to go out when I get them in...

For those of you who would like to cast overripe fruit in my direction, you can find me in booth 906 at WonderCon... tongue.gif

And I am sure folks have already discussed this here, but I reckon that with Marvel taking over the publication of Powers I may be able to completely skip the Image section of my order book from now on. I still have customers for the Top Cow stuff, but that's about it.

And who in their right mind thought changing CBG to a monthly publication was a good idea? 244 pages squarebound every month? With full color in the front? Who am I supposed to sell this to again? Come August I may just stop ordering the thing altogether...

And how screwed up is this new variant cover for Astonishing X-Men? I am still trying to do the math on how many of these will be made. You had the regular cover. And you had the cover that is tied to the orders of four different books (so ordering 50 each of 4 different books let you get 5 of the variants). Now they announce ANOTHER variant? And this one is tied to the difference in your order compared with Ultimate FF 1? Yeah, okay... A lot of accounts won't get a single one of this new variant because they are unlikely to exceed their UFF1 orders. But a few accounts will wind up with tons and tons of them. You'll have some shops getting 200 regular copies and no variants. Another shop might get 50 regulars and 10 variants... Yeah... Okay...

I plan to be here tomorrow afternoon, and will finally be answering PMs then... except for the ones from Khaos asking me for soup recipes... cool.gif

Play nice

'House

PS: No, I didn't go through the misshipped box and pull all of his 9.9s and 10s... tongue.gif893naughty-thumb.gif