• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you ordered an Overstreet from Lighthouse

72 posts in this topic

Bumped because House wants someone with more "cred" than him to post this! tongue.gif

With respect to the shipping of the Overstreets, only 7 members who ordered from him paid for priority shipping.

They were Minutekev, Robreact, OldGuy, aaron568, FlcomicFan, HighVoltage, and WernerVonDoom.

Unfortunately, due to his HC books being missing from last week's order, 4 of the above - aaron568, FlcomicFan, HighVoltage, and WernerVonDoon did not have the books shipped on last Thursday due to the shortage. Of the 4, aaron568 did not send him his current shipping address so that needs to be sent to him. He apologizes for the delay for the other 3.

I ordered 2 hardcover copies with Priority Shipping. How come I'm not on that list? confused-smiley-013.gif

Bumped because House wants someone with more "cred" than him to post this! tongue.gif

With respect to the shipping of the Overstreets, only 7 members who ordered from him paid for priority shipping.

They were Minutekev, Robreact, OldGuy, aaron568, FlcomicFan, HighVoltage, and WernerVonDoom.

Unfortunately, due to his HC books being missing from last week's order, 4 of the above - aaron568, FlcomicFan, HighVoltage, and WernerVonDoon did not have the books shipped on last Thursday due to the shortage. Of the 4, aaron568 did not send him his current shipping address so that needs to be sent to him. He apologizes for the delay for the other 3.

I ordered 2 hardcover copies with Priority Shipping. How come I'm not on that list? confused-smiley-013.gif

Dunno...I'm only the messenger. Regardless, it will go out priority this week! sorry.gif

I wonder how many OPG pre-orders Lighthouse will get next year? foreheadslap.gif

Since I will probably be offering them for $8 to repeat customers, several... foreheadslap.gif

And out of the 45+ people who ordered them, there are only five people who will be getting them later than what they expected... the rest got them exactly when they expected (like OldGuy and robreact who got theirs last Saturday, three days after its release) or will get them a couple days earlier than projected (like all the people who are getting a free upgrade to Priority to make up for the week delay which should beat an "on-time Media Mail" shipment...

Counting my inbound freight costs and free shipping, I sold all of them at about a $2.40 per book loss. The ones upgraded to Priority will be about a $4.00 per book loss. If any of the stores within 50 miles of me had had extra copies, I would have purchased them at full price last Wednesday to be able to fill the orders for the folks here on the forums, but unfortunately I was only able to round up five hardcover copies, so the rest have to wait a week.

I didn't mind losing some money on the books. I was trying to do a favor for you guys and pass my discount along. It's a shame that UPS misrouted my boxes but there wasn't anything I could do to prevent that.

As an open offer, if anyone who ordered a hardcover from me really needs a copy sooner than what I can provide, go ahead and buy one locally and I will reimburse you via PayPal for the full amount you had to pay for the copy. You can have a copy in your hands tomorrow and still only be out the half-price you paid me. Just please let me know before Wednesday so I can take your copy with me to WonderCon and try to sell it there.

In the meantime, I STILL need addresses from almost 20 of you... Please email me at jscuster@comcast.net

Thanks

'House

Kudos to you 'House for being our online LCS. Don't let the whiny guys get to you, if they can't appreciate a discount on stuff.

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

tongue.gif

I wonder how many OPG pre-orders Lighthouse will get next year? foreheadslap.gif

Since I will probably be offering them for $8 to repeat customers, several... foreheadslap.gif

And out of the 45+ people who ordered them, there are only five people who will be getting them later than what they expected... the rest got them exactly when they expected (like OldGuy and robreact who got theirs last Saturday, three days after its release) or will get them a couple days earlier than projected (like all the people who are getting a free upgrade to Priority to make up for the week delay which should beat an "on-time Media Mail" shipment...

Counting my inbound freight costs and free shipping, I sold all of them at about a $2.40 per book loss. The ones upgraded to Priority will be about a $4.00 per book loss. If any of the stores within 50 miles of me had had extra copies, I would have purchased them at full price last Wednesday to be able to fill the orders for the folks here on the forums, but unfortunately I was only able to round up five hardcover copies, so the rest have to wait a week.

I didn't mind losing some money on the books. I was trying to do a favor for you guys and pass my discount along. It's a shame that UPS misrouted my boxes but there wasn't anything I could do to prevent that.

As an open offer, if anyone who ordered a hardcover from me really needs a copy sooner than what I can provide, go ahead and buy one locally and I will reimburse you via PayPal for the full amount you had to pay for the copy. You can have a copy in your hands tomorrow and still only be out the half-price you paid me. Just please let me know before Wednesday so I can take your copy with me to WonderCon and try to sell it there.

In the meantime, I STILL need addresses from almost 20 of you... Please email me at jscuster@comcast.net

Thanks

'House

No worries. Just need it before Pittsburgh this weekend.

Nice try, 'House, but if you really want to win the Forum Drama Queen Award, you're doing a p!ss-poor job. I recommend that you immediately begin doing the following:

1) More ALL CAPS interspersed with regular text.

2) More decrying the evils of your fellow man and bemoaning your lot as a victim of the baser elements of society.

3) Three words: "I FEEL SICK!!!!!"

4) More details about HOW your wife got E. Coli, HOW it is making your life a LIVING HELL, and WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO YOU?????

5) Copy and paste your threatening emails to UPS for BLATANTLY LOSING YOUR PACKAGES!!!!

6) Three more words: call the cops.

I am sure that others could suggest additional methods to bolster your chances, but these are a good start. hi.gif

I,for one,paid for media mail and am willing to wait the extra couple of days.UPS screwed up,so why should you suffer a loss.I had the option of paying more at my LCS or less with 'House and chose the cheaper option.Just answer my PMs when you can,please.I really would like to send you some mo' money. thumbsup2.gif