• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Customer service?? In all honesty I would like input.

27 posts in this topic

but thinking that a dealer's only function here on Earth is to give you a reach-around every time you lay down $5 at their booth is absurd.

The irony here is pretty funny. I don't think schmidty knows what a reach-around is...

Personally, I would prefer most dealers not be in the position to give me a reach-around in the first place.

but thinking that a dealer's only function here on Earth is to give you a reach-around every time you lay down $5 at their booth is absurd.

The irony here is pretty funny. I don't think schmidty knows what a reach-around is...

Personally, I would prefer most dealers not be in the position to give me a reach-around in the first place.

That's not what I heard...,

That's not what I heard...,

I really shouldn't be bantering with you.... :whistle:

Hmmm, so maybe he was just watching the table for someone and was happy to sell the books for whatever cash he could get..:-)

I remember some sort of "investment" in there or something... this was around 96 or 97 i think.

Customer service is #1 on my list.

I've been fortunate to deal with LCS owners and board members that are nice and great to work with.

I don't care if they have a book I want,if they don't treat customers right I'm not doing any business with them :sumo:

+1

Pat, I have sort of the same feelings... maybe it's just me being naive (as usual) but I hear more and more stories of comic dealers with attitudes than I do of the 'good natured- just want to sell funny books' type of sellers.

I mean, seriously... we're talking about comic books.

How can you have a 'bad azz' attitude and sell comic books?

Doesn't that come across as embarrassing?

It would to me.

"I'm bad azz and sell comics... I'm king f'in comic book man! RAAAAH!!!!"

:shrug:

I guess I just had a really, really good experience with my local comic shop in the late 70's / early 80's.

The guy was a John Lennon look-a-like who played all types of LP's in the store while kids and adults browsed around. If there was a kid who wanted to learn something about the 'older' comics or grading he would never look down on them and he would take time to try and answer whatever questions you had.

Perhaps that outlook had something to do with a certain plant... I'm not sure about that but I did have my suspicions! lol

And maybe it's apples and oranges and not really fair to compare a store owner to a dealer but to me they're similar.

They both buy and sell comics.

At any rate, why some dealers don't make the effort to simply spend a few minutes out of their life and/or schedule to make sure that their dealings are well received befuddle me... don't they want repeat business?

rantrant

(To be fair, I'm sure that there's a lot of stories about the 'customers from hell' as well and I'm sure that those transactions may lead some to adopt these abrasive personalities!)