• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Captain America 115

6 posts in this topic

Just picked this up at Half Price Books. Looks good inside and out from what I can tell. Pages aren't white, but aren't very yellow, either. Don't know if you can see it, but there is about a 1/2" crease on the top left corner of the back cover. Everything else looks tight, aligned, staples good & not rusting, etc. Thoughts?

Comics003.jpg

Comics004.jpg

Hard to tell what those spots are. Don't look like stains by eyeballing it, and don't bleed through to the inside. The scan makes them more noticable than they really are.

I've got 3 free slabs to use from CGC and I've put it off for almost a year. Wanting to see what might be worth slabbing. I don't have a lot in the way of "great" books, and only 1 golden age, Black Cat #5 which has water stains. I'm thinking in addition to CA 115:

•1st Issue Special #8 (Warlord 1st)

•Warlord 1 (1976)

•Comico Primer #2 (1st Grendel)

•Grendel #1 (1983)

•The Cat #1 (1972)

•Astonishing Tales #25 (1st Deathlok)

•Amazing Spider-Man #299

•Amazing Spider-Man #300

•Miracleman #15

Any of those you'd recommend I scan here for consideration, or should I just go and buy something else?...

Hard to tell what those spots are. Don't look like stains by eyeballing it, and don't bleed through to the inside. The scan makes them more noticable than they really are.

I've got 3 free slabs to use from CGC and I've put it off for almost a year. Wanting to see what might be worth slabbing. I don't have a lot in the way of "great" books, and only 1 golden age, Black Cat #5 which has water stains. I'm thinking in addition to CA 115:

•1st Issue Special #8 (Warlord 1st)

•Warlord 1 (1976)

•Comico Primer #2 (1st Grendel)

•Grendel #1 (1983)

•The Cat #1 (1972)

•Astonishing Tales #25 (1st Deathlok)

•Amazing Spider-Man #299

•Amazing Spider-Man #300

•Miracleman #15

Any of those you'd recommend I scan here for consideration, or should I just go and buy something else?...

I wouldn't slab any of these books with a coupon, but if your deadline is coming up and you have to, then . . . it all depends on grade.