• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aurora Comic Scenes

23 posts in this topic

Actually Moebius Models is currently making a Spidey and Green Goblin kits that attach together.

The Superboy model is currently out now. And the Wonder Woman model. Both by Moebius. These were originally Aurora kits.

A lot of the old Aurora kits are being relaunched. There's a surge in the model hobby right now. A lot of repops and new models coming out or out already.

I've seen those Moebius kits on eBay, plus quite a few other Aurora relaunches (like the ones being done by Polar Lights).

Hey, Mister_Comics -- do you know how these rerints have affected the value of the original aurora kits? Some of them used to sell for alot of money if they were unbuilt/still in the box.

I haven't built a model in...oh...decades. Might be fun to try again some day! I always liked Godzilla's Go-Cart, and the other Aurora monster rods.

Poster: MisterX

Hey, Mister_Comics -- do you know how these rerints have affected the value of the original aurora kits? Some of them used to sell for alot of money if they were unbuilt/still in the box.

Depending on which Aurora kit. A Lone Ranger unopenned can still sell in the hundreds. But Tonto can be gotten for around $30 bucks. The original Aurora's still sell high. They have come down somewhat in price because of all the repops, but there are plenty of collectors out there that want the originals. The repops have taken some of the sales away from the old kits. The model scene comics don't get the demand like the kits do. There's actually a lot more of the comics out there then there is of the Aurora kits. Just about every Aurora figure kit (monster, TV, movie, animal) has been repoped. Even those monster rods.