• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PARADISE COMICS ON REALITY TV!

41 posts in this topic

We have more incredible books going up for Auction on August 6th

Phil_Jimenez_sk98.jpg

Thor By Phil Jimenez

Neal_Adams_sk98.jpg

Black Canary by Neal Adams

Chris_Moreno_sk98.jpg

Ghost Rider By Chris Moreno

Linsner_sk98.jpg

Dawn By Joseph Michael Linsner

Signature Series books will also be available including this Daredevil #1 ssdaredevil145.jpg

For all the info involving this plus more books to be sold at Auction check out Risky Business Reality TV Auction

Another batch that will be available on August 6th

sTUART_sAGER_SK96.jpg

Spider-man by Stuart Sayger

Billy_Tucci_sk90.jpg

Black Cat by Billy Tucci

Dave_Gibbons_sk98.jpg

Rorschach by Dave Gibbons

ssasm140.jpg

Signature Series Amazing Spider-man #1 4.0 (Stan Lee)

ssff118.jpg

Signature Series Fantastic Four 1.8 (Stan Lee)

For all the rules for bidding check out Paradise Comics Reality Auction

what's the rule for in-store auctions????

do we have to register as well???

Can we just drop in and bid (with contact info) and just leave or do we have to stay until the auction ends???

so....many...questions....brains....about..... to..... explode :flamed:

Sure you can drop in, leave your contact info with us and place a few bids. You are welcome to stay for the whole thing or leave once the book you are interested in ends. You will have to sign a waiver for the TV show as they will be filming and you may need up on TV.

How is this an event exactly? I ask this next question seriously. How is this not just spam to sell some sketch or SS covers on your website?

Do I understand that you're taking email bids, subject to a live auction that will happen in-store? Again, how is this an event?

How is this an event exactly? I ask this next question seriously. How is this not just spam to sell some sketch or SS covers on your website?

Do I understand that you're taking email bids, subject to a live auction that will happen in-store? Again, how is this an event?

It's an event now. :popcorn:

It's an event now. :popcorn:

It is an 'event' taking place at Paradise Comics. People are able to bid at the store or through a phone bid.

How is this not just spam to sell some sketch or SS covers on your website?

This is a legitimate question.

There is a place to sell comics on the CGC boards, this forum ain't it.

I suppose the 'event' would have been the live taping Saturday for the TV show (shrug)

Nothing was sold on this forum. It was sold in store, through email, or by phone. They showed the sketch covers and Stan Lee SS books, on this forum, like any comic related event (convention or store signing), would advertise their guests.

Actually, there can be some argument made that it belongs here.

I don't disagree with that, but at the same time, it was a live auction being filmed for a reality television show, which is also an event.

Either way, it's over with (until the airing of the episode). No sense in debating on where it should or could have been placed, for an event that's over with.