• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another miscellany of gold & silver, mags & paperbacks - lots more added!

145 posts in this topic

I'm just poking fun at Michael. BTW, it took me about 10 years to complete the Lorna run, and that was without the aid of the internet... just catalogs, cons, the CBG, and a lot of leg work.

I'm just poking fun at Michael. BTW, it took me about 10 years to complete the Lorna run, and that was without the aid of the internet... just catalogs, cons, the CBG, and a lot of leg work.

It's cool guys! Richard happens to know that I bought the whole Annie Oakley set in one hit - but Michaël, you are right also, as that was literally a once in a lifetime occurrence! That's why I figured to list them as a set, for what I paid for them!

Anyway, finally have some time to start listing again, as the whimsy takes me! What can I promise? Well, some great sleaze paperbacks for starters, then more sleaze magazines, then - well, you get the idea. but then some squeaky clean DC, high grade Conan (some super high grade post-Barry Smiths which do seem to be taking off right now), and more golden age.

I'll be listing more day by day so please keep checking back - and feel free to pm me about anything in particular you are searching for.

Thread squatters welcome, as long as you bring beer and pizza, rather than what passes for wit with Dale Roberts! (Just kidding Dale - be as witty as you like!)

Prices on the books and mags tend to reflect what I paid for them. So here goes -

CAMPUS TOWN "She defied their moral code" $120

Needless to say, a classic Norm Saunders cover, and a very high demand item. Bondage, whips, KKK, what more could you ask for? (I know, I know - beer and pizza, right?)

This attractive copy presents very well, with deep colors and some lustre. There is a tilt to the spine. There is wear to the tips, and light wear to the spine. There is a soft bend/crease bottom right which in no way breaks the color or the tension of the paper. There is a 1" crease top left back cover which does.

campustown.jpg

THE GORGEOUS GHOUL MURDER CASE $50 (way less than I I paid for it in this case!)

Another classic cover! Anyone recognise the artist? Earle Bergey perhaps? The cover image has survived multiple readings more or less intact and very glossy. The spine is indented and as a result the front cover does not line up with the right hand edge of the pages (the scan is slightly cropped but I can do another if anyone needs it!). There is a store stamp on the title page. Very scarce book!

gorgeousghoul.jpg

THE BITTER TEA OF GENERAL YEN $20

If you've never seen the 1933 Frank Capra movie of this book starring Barbara Stanwyck look it up - light years away from "It's a Wonderful Life" - and arguably the film "Lost Horizon" might have been! And it's far and away Capra's best movie - not a trace of sentimentality.

All of which adds special resonance as this cover image, much like the movie, is charged with eroticism.

Nice pages, average wear - well read but well preserved.

bitterteaofgeneralyen.jpg

THE GREEN GIRL $50

Classic sci fi cover.

Very light crease top right is less noticeable than scan suggests. Otherwise above average condition. Tough book - though interstingly the only one of those listed today which can also be found on ebay - for $150!

thegreengirl.jpg

THE MYSTERIOUS TRAVELER NOV 1951, JAN, MARCH 1952 $150

Great Saunders covers on these very tough digests! The 1952 copies are in very nice, unread condition, with minor storage wear, though each has a single, very minor insect bore through the edge of some pages. The 1951 copy is more worn, and there are a couple of edge chips to the back cover. Cant stress enough how tough these are - and these are nicer than most!

mysterioustraveler.jpg

mysterioustraveler002.jpg

mysterioustraveler001.jpg