• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Date stamps

80 posts in this topic

I agree, centering of a book, Page quality, and brightness of the colors, etc..all play in part on the final prices. Not all books in any given grades are equal...thus you can see a wide range of prices.

No one will be buying any of my copies for $6K, so factor that into your appraisals. I appreciate hearing your opinion, though. Thanks for the research!

How many do you own ? Please say 50 copies lol

No one will be buying any of my copies for $6K, so factor that into your appraisals. I appreciate hearing your opinion, though. Thanks for the research!

Nah. I only own four.

The difference is that your GSX#1 has a contemporaneous date stamp from when the book was first released. CGC does not downgrade for those below 9.9.

The Flash 105 he mentioned has a date stamp from 1990. That will get downgraded because it is not a contemporaneous date stamp. It is just extra ink on the cover.

Yes, I know this distinction is arbitrary, but that's the way it is.

date stamp on cover...

I don't disagree, but that's assuming the date stamp was "contemporaneous" and not just in error . . . :grin:

Nah. I only own four.

Hoarder !!! lol

Nah. I only own four.

Hoarder !!! lol

Hey, I just love the X-Men! Four is insurance for losing the other three. :)

The difference is that your GSX#1 has a contemporaneous date stamp from when the book was first released. CGC does not downgrade for those below 9.9.

The Flash 105 he mentioned has a date stamp from 1990. That will get downgraded because it is not a contemporaneous date stamp. It is just extra ink on the cover.

date stamp on cover...

I don't disagree, but that's assuming the date stamp was "contemporaneous" and not just in error . . . :grin:

non-contemporaneous = extraneous... meh

date stamp on cover...

non-contemporaneous = extraneous... meh

My point was, that having used those POS date stamps, it was very easy to be a decade or so off . . . it wasn't the year they were worried about! lol

I've never seen one "bleed" thru like a marker does. A marker would typically cause more damage to a book.

You'll find a decent amout of old books with grease pencil "date stamps", and CGC will typically treat them as such. A marker, as I stated above, would normally bleed thru and CGC will down grade for that.

I've never seen one "bleed" thru like a marker does. A marker would typically cause more damage to a book.

You'll find a decent amout of old books with grease pencil "date stamps", and CGC will typically treat them as such. A marker, as I stated above, would normally bleed thru and CGC will down grade for that.

Ah ok, learn something new on here every day, but that makes sense so I guess a little common sense would of answered this for me.

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=38260

I see a downward trend here and now unlike the sale on CL that didn't hit GPA, this will hit GPA shortly so there goes the bottom.

The SS 9.8 got just $6400 but it is one of 2...

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction-detail.php?issue_id=38259